Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Baby asprin

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 8:57 PM
  • 26 Replies
Hey ladies!

I recently read online and saw some other women talking about taking baby asprin before and during pregnancy. Here is the article that really sparked my interest

http://www.livestrong.com/article/521880-can-taking-baby-aspirin-help-with-a-pregnancy/

I guess I was wondering if any of you have taken baby aspirin before or during pregnancy, and if it was your idea or your doctor's recommendation?

I am TTC after my first pregnancy and MC that happened 2 months ago at 6 weeks. I know I might be jumping the gun since it was my first for both but as you may understand, it has totally taken the innocence out of getting pregnant for me again. I'm worried sick about it, however I just want to be pregnant so badly and to have a baby or our very own!

Any feedback about baby asprin would be so helpful! Is it useful to take while TTC along with the prenatal pill?
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 9:29 PM
I didn't rear the link because I am mobile...but my doc said the asprine can only help me. My blood clotting tests came back fine, but its difficult for them to get a tube of blood out of me and then I still don't bleed when they take the needle out. Doc said it can prevent blood clots passing through the cord. I took it with my last preg and this current preg too as a safty measure, but in general asprin is a no no during preg, so ask your doc. (And if you do happen to mc again, stop the asprin as soon as you know to prevent too much bleeding).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kimbo78
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 10:08 PM
I also recently had my first pregnancy and miscarriage. It definately takes the innocence out of it. I want to try again, but I know I will be a nervous wreck.
Emma.seabourn
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Thanks hun! I think I am going to take it while ttc and consult my doc if or when u get prego
Emma.seabourn
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 10:22 PM
I know :( good luck!
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Apr. 14, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I really wouldn't take it without speaking to your doctor.  I know you want to try everything you can but you don't want to try something you think might help and it actually hinders it.

MommaBoop922
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 10:58 PM

I have not but I hope you can find answers in the group.  GL TTC!

mdawn028
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 11:07 PM
I have heard and read about it wasn't using it when I got pregnant. Heard it works don't know. I lost my baby I was 8 weeks along. I'm ttc. Again also my loss was months ago. Sorry for your loss I understand wanting to be pregnant again I also do. I would find a book on it look up more info. On the internet and ask the doc sometimes doc don't always tell u. Here is a book to get that tells u. WHAT YOUR DOCTOR WON'T TELL YOU ABOUT GETTING PREGNANTBoost Your Fertility with the Best of Traditional and Alternative Therapies Raymond Chang,M.D. medical director, Meridian Medical Group with Elena Oumano, P.h.D. I have this book at home tells a lot of different things to help tells about baby aspirin too. It says This medicine is salicylic acid, one of the older of the chemical drugs known to modern man, cause it is derived originally from the white willow tree.It can heal sunburn and prevent heart attacks and strokes. Not just for fevers, aches, and pains. It improves blood flow and function it is an anti-immflamatory it improves many conditions that hamper infertility. It helps with miscarriages it can sometimes be treated with baby aspirin. It can improve uterine lining, which can lead to a successful pregnancy. Helps thicken and improve the endometrium .Helps improve uterine lining. 100 mg. 4 weeks before induction of ovulation. Recommended dose of 80 mg.the standard amount of baby aspirin once a day. Be careful it can thin blood you can bruise easily on it as well as serious hemorrhage. These are the potential side effects above to be careful of. Here is another tip guaifenesin rhobottusin cough syrup or mucinex. One to two tsp. Of cough syrup containing guaifenesin medicine, 4times a day. Need any other tips I may be able to help. Sincerely hope I helped u some hugs and good luck Dawna.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovemyhoney19
by Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 11:09 PM
I took one a day up until 32 weeks. It helped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emma.seabourn
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Wow thank you so much! Ill have to look into the book!
Emma.seabourn
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Quoting lovemyhoney19:

I took one a day up until 32 weeks. It helped.

Did your doc tell you to or did you decide on your own?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)