Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to get pregnant after MC

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:58 AM
  • 20 Replies

Hello to all! I am new here and I was just looking for some advice and encouraging words.

A little background on me. I have PCOS and I struggled to get pregnant with my 1st child. Finally after 5 yrs I got pregnant. I had a perfect pregnancy, the only issue was that I needed to be on progesterone the first part of my pregnancy.

3 yrs later, I ended up getting pregnant again, but it ended in a miscarriage. According to the Dr. my progesterone was very very low. It was at 2 I believe.

My question is....when is it safe to start? Is it true that you are very fertile a few months after the miscarriage?

I was very sad when I lost my baby, but I am also looking forward to a new beginning.

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I do not have PCOS, so I don't know how that comes into play.  I know there are quite a few ladies here that struggle with it though.  Every doctor will give you a different answer on when you can try again.  Some doctors say you can try again right away, some say wait a cycle, some say two or three, and some say 6 months to a year.  It's best of course to go with your doctors recommendation for you.  I also wanted to let you know that CafeMom has a Trying to Conceive board, and there are a lot of ladies that struggle with PCOS there...you might pick up some pointers there too.  I go there often just to see whats the latest and greatest in the world of conception ;)

Martinez77089
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL! Thank you for the recommendations! I am still trying to see my way around the website.

My Dr told me to wait 3 months. This next month will be my 3rd time. So hopefully soon!! CROSSING FINGERS

kimscorner
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I swear by drinking Red Raspberry Leaf tea....at least 3 times a day.  Look into the benefits of the tea.

Good Luck  :)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

uriahadel
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Sorry I am new here too... after my miscarriage on easter, I bought red raspberry tea to help strengthen my uterus in case it was my fault for the miscarriage... does that really help with boosting fertility??

Quoting kimscorner:

I swear by drinking Red Raspberry Leaf tea....at least 3 times a day.  Look into the benefits of the tea.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I just wanted to say, since this is the second time I read you write "your fault for the miscarriage."  It's not your fault Hun.  There is really nothing that you could have done to cause an early miscarriage, there is usually nothing that you can do to prevent it either.  Sometimes they can be caused by clotting disorders, or low progesterone, and in those cases sometimes lab work can reveal trouble and they might be able to be saved...But I just don't want you blaming yourself for something that is nature.  (((hugs)))

Quoting uriahadel:

Sorry I am new here too... after my miscarriage on easter, I bought red raspberry tea to help strengthen my uterus in case it was my fault for the miscarriage... does that really help with boosting fertility??

Quoting kimscorner:

Happy_Mcboobs
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:54 PM

At least you know why right? Still sad...but you know what to do to help get your rainbow! :) 

Different doctors say different things. Some women start right away within in the first two to three weeks....and others wait...it's different for each mom....you will know when you are ready. :) It will be hard no matter if you are "ready" or not I assume...or so I hear....because it's always going to be scary.... :( 

I'm still afraid...but I know my want for a rainbow baby is greater than my fear---I have to quench my fear with calm and I'll be ready....I'm giving myself time to get ready personally....I want my due date to be in the summer again.... :) 

Happy_Mcboobs
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:57 PM

You stop drinking it once you get pregnant right?

I drank some when I found out my baby was a loss--I had read it helped bring on a natural miscarriage....and I seriously think it does because that was the only thing I was doing different. My OB says it could have just been my body finally letting go---but I think it was the tea...I drank 3x a day for three days...I hemmorraged though & that freaked me out so I haven't drank the tea since! But the OB that did the D&C for the placenta said I had the strongest uterus she'd ever seen!! 

Quoting kimscorner:

uriahadel
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Thank you

Quoting Angela4boys:

I just wanted to say, since this is the second time I read you write "your fault for the miscarriage."  It's not your fault Hun.  There is really nothing that you could have done to cause an early miscarriage, there is usually nothing that you can do to prevent it either.  Sometimes they can be caused by clotting disorders, or low progesterone, and in those cases sometimes lab work can reveal trouble and they might be able to be saved...But I just don't want you blaming yourself for something that is nature.  (((hugs)))

Quoting uriahadel:

Quoting kimscorner:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cal2006
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I have had multiple miscarriages and one stillbirth. After my second loss I went to a fertility doctor against my doctor's recommendation. It was the best decision that I've made since marrying my husband. The fertility doctor explained the importance of progesterone in the ability to get pregnant and stay pregnant (at least in the beginning). I would recommend talking to a doctor and ensuring that progesterone is a part of your pregnancy plan from the beginning. I'm on it from the time that I ovulate...because it is important to even have implantation to occur.

I don't know about being more fertile or not, I have heard that but I don't know if it is true or a wife's tale. I know that I got pregnant first chance after two of my miscarriages/pregnancy losses. But I also lost those babies...so I might not be the best to base that off of.  As many of the women have said that doctors say different things, some say 3 months, some say two cycles, some say right away. My doctor's didn't tell me anything so we tried after my first period.  We decided after this last loss to wait a few months, we're going to start trying again here soon. Wishing you sticky dust for your rainbow baby.

kimscorner
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Who really knows?  I've read that it's suppose to.  I tried for 10 months to get pregnant after my miscarriage.  The first 9 months, nothing.  Then during that 9th month, I started drinking it.  I got my bfp the 10th month.

Quoting uriahadel:

Quoting kimscorner:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)