Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Prayers Please (pregnancy mentioned) **Update

Posted by   + Show Post

I have my early ultrasound tomorrow morning and honestly, I'm so scared to go. Last pregnancy I didn't see a heartbeat at the early ultrasound at 7+2 weeks, and even though the doctor said it was fine, it ended in a miscarriage a few weeks later. At exactly 6 weeks, it's fully possible that I won't see a heartbeat and it will be normal, but I know it'll send me into a panic. I want this baby so badly, and I'm so afraid of going through another loss.

For those willing to pray, please pray that my baby is healthy and showing a heartbeat! I'll update when I get home tomorrow.

UPDATE: Well, it didn't go quite as I was hoping, but it didn't go terribly either. I'm not really sure what to think, I've mostly been crying a lot from being scared of repeating what happened before. 

We went in and found a yolk sac, but the doctor couldn't find a baby for a while. He asked me if it was possible that I'm only 3-4 weeks pregnant. I said no, I got a positive test over two weeks ago, I'm supposed to be 6 weeks. He kept looking, and said he found what might be a baby, which would measure around 5w,4d. No heartbeat yet. He said it could go either way, it's really early so he can't tell me much. He said it may have been just a difficult ultrasound from how early it was, and I shouldn't be discouraged. It's hard, when every other person in my due date groups who had early ultrasounds saw heartbeats. It's also hard because last time I didn't get a heartbeat early on, I miscarried. 

Please continue to pray over this pregnancy. I so need a good outcome! I go back in two weeks, on May 6th, to see if the baby progressed and has a heartbeat or not. It's going to be a very difficult two weeks!

in lovebaby girlpuppy
Babywearing, co-sleeping, exclusively breastfeeding, AP, natural birthing, happily married SAH Mommy to Katherine Isabelle, and mommy to our Angel baby, Elizabeth Rose. Pregnant with our Rainbow Baby and due 12.12.13!

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Replies (11-20):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I hope your appt well well!

mdawn028
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:45 AM
I pray u and the baby are going to be OK. Update me to let me no hon. Hope things go well for u. Congrats on your pregnancy hon. I am sorry for your loss u had of your baby before this pregnancy. My heart goes out to u and I hope all goes well for u and your baby at your appointment tomorrow. Hugs Dawna
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Namaste09
by Samantha on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:20 AM
I will be praying for you an waiting for update.
Martinez77089
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:24 AM

prayingPraying for you. Everything will be just fine :-)

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Good luck honey, I will be praying.

Oh I wanted to tell you I got crafty and made my angel a hat and after 6 starts it finally worked! Thanks for inspiring me!
Emma.seabourn
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Keep us posted! Praying and thinking about you!
Turtledoves
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:09 PM

bump for update

chicaespana2003
by Steph on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Praying that its a good rainbow baby. Let us know of anything that goes on. ((Hugs))

busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Augh, how hard! But, I think your doctor is right. You shouldn't be discouraged as it is *super* early to see anything definitive on an ultrasound. I'll be praying for your next to weeks to go by quickly and for some GREAT news on the 6th!

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Hugs... With Lily (her death was chromosomal so nothing mc related) at 5w5d there was no baby and no hb and I was measuring only 5w. I went back at 6w6d and there she was measuring 6w6d with a hb of like 98 and they said with a hb that low it had started within the last 24hours. So there is hope! Hang in there and we will all pray!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)