Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

What's your views on abortion?

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:41 PM
  • 39 Replies
I copied this from my response to the 'how are you feeling' post:

"Frustrated. I do not believe in abortion, and I mistakenly opened a post in MC that had photos of electively aborted fetuses. One was 33 weeks, the same as my stillborn son. I have no remorse for the mothers or Kermit Gosnell and I'm sick of people telling me I should."

I do not believe in abortion unless it is a life or death situation for the mother. Otherwise, I believe responsibility and a chance for the child. I'm so sick of being told I'm wrong for feeling the way I do!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cal2006
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:49 PM
2 moms liked this

It is illegal to have an abortion at 33 weeks unless the mothers health is at stake. You can have whatever views that you want to have...no one should tell you otherwise. I am pro choice, because I don't believe that it is my place to tell someone what they should do with their body. I also think that every child that is brought into this world should be wanted and loved. However, I would also advise any close friend (I have no children and no sisters) that they should keep this blessing...that they shouldn't be the one to decide what God's will is. But I go back to, you and everyone is entitled to their point of view and beliefs. You are not wrong for your beliefs.

chicaespana2003
by Steph on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Kudos to your view!

I have always been a strong pro-life'er and that the only "abortion" that I approved was a natural miscarriage. The term "abortion" itself was the most painful to hear during my mc (especially with the number of times the dr used the term- medically).

I agree with your views, and nobody can tell you that you are wrong.

You have your own opinion and some people agree with you, and others disagree with you.

audreesmama
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:53 PM
What about advocating for those who cannot choose for themselves? If abortion is legal, someone's rights are surely being infringed upon, and that's the child's.

Quoting Cal2006:

It is illegal to have an abortion at 33 weeks unless the mothers health is at stake. You can have whatever views that you want to have...no one should tell you otherwise. I am pro choice, because I don't believe that it is my place to tell someone what they should do with their body. I also think that every child that is brought into this world should be wanted and loved. However, I would also advise any close friend (I have no children and no sisters) that they should keep this blessing...that they shouldn't be the one to decide what God's will is. But I go back to, you and everyone is entitled to their point of view and beliefs. You are not wrong for your beliefs.

livndaybyday
by Alicia on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:53 PM
3 moms liked this
The intentional taking of another human life is murder. No matter what. Born or unborn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:58 PM
2 moms liked this

I feel exactly as you do.  Only in cases where the mothers life is in jeopardy.

That being said, I can't judge people who have had it done.  I just believe that God is the only one that has the autority to judge. 

Schaiswife09
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:59 PM
This

Quoting livndaybyday:

The intentional taking of another human life is murder. No matter what. Born or unborn.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Quoting chicaespana2003:

Kudos to your view!

I have always been a strong pro-life'er and that the only "abortion" that I approved was a natural miscarriage. The term "abortion" itself was the most painful to hear during my mc (especially with the number of times the dr used the term- medically).

You have your own opinion and some people agree with you, and others disagree with you.

I agree with you.  The night I had it confirmed out baby had died, the hopsital gave me the paperwork and orders when I left.  It was dark, and I got out to the car, turned on the map light to read the papers, and at the top of the sheet in bold is "MISSED ABORTION."  My heart sunk at seeing those words.  The last thing in the world that any mother wants to see.  I wish they would be more sensitive and use some other term.  It's very hurtful.

audreesmama
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:04 PM
I usually try to keep my mouth shut. I try not to judge out loud, but my mind always uses colorful language when I speak or think about it. It's very difficult. I have lost friends over it, because I refuse to associate with someone I know took her child's life because that child, who didn't ask to exist, was too inconvenient for her. I rarely tell them the true reason because I really don't want to get into a debate with them about it--they won't change my mind.

How do you stand steadfast in your convictions, but don't judge those who go against what you believe?

Quoting Angela4boys:

I feel exactly as you do.  Only in cases where the mothers life is in jeopardy.

That being said, I can't judge people who have had it done.  I just believe that God is the only one that has the autority to judge. 

wife-4-life
by Shannon on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Pro-life. And when I hear about abortions, I just give it to God. That's the only way I am able to not judge. It wast me who had the abortion so I don't give it a second thought after saying a prayer for that mother. If it was a friend, I just show love because that's what I'm supposed to do. I don't sympathize or empathize I just continue being her friend and I also make it clear my view and that we don't speak of it again.
Happy_Mcboobs
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you saying that a natural miscarriage is also an abortion? 

I wouldn't even link the two together ever. Why is it that the medical community links the two? They are so different! An abortion is a choice. A miscarriage is not! 

It was hard when I went to the hospital for my "sort of emergency D&C" (they didn't really act like it was an emergency but I had hemmoraged to borderline needing a blood transfusion and am anemic now because of not getting a transfusion!)....but on the screen was the words "Spontaneous abortion"....in fact, I got questioned at least three times about what I could have done to cause myself to go into labor. I.e They asked if I had gotten knocked in the stomach, fell, kicked, etc. And this after I had already walked a week knowing my baby was a loss....I guess you could say I brought on the natural loss--I drank red raspberry leaf tea. :) 

I would never want an abortion! :( 

I used to believe that I was pro-life---but I'm more pro-choice as I grow older & wiser...just because it's not my concern what someone else does with their body. If they feel that abortion is right for them, than its not my place to say no they shouldn't. I think the only exception would be if my daughter wanted an abortion. I would do my dead level best to talk her out of it!! But still--I think I'd have to let her ultimately make the decision & stick by her for it no matter what. I don't believe in abortion. But I do believe in a person's right to choose. 

Quoting chicaespana2003:

Kudos to your view!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)