Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

suffering from a little depression

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:15 PM
  • 10 Replies
After my last miscarriage on easter, I find myself some days suffering from depression. It isn't all the time but it is more then I care for. I find myself crying and not wanting to even get up out of bed. I am easily frustrated and tend to take it out on my dh. It hurts and I never imagine that something so tiny would affect me so much. Yesterday I was a basket case. As soon as my dh got off work, I took off leaving him with the kids to just get some time alone. I was able to talk to him about it later and as always he was patient with me and just comforted me.

Has anyone else gone through these emotions when they had a early miscarriage? I keep hoping and praying my life for go back to how I knew it before it happened but it hasn't and I am suffering on the inside and feel like noone understands. I have talked to my mother who comforted me several times, but nothing anyone says makes me feel any better. I am deciding on whether I need to see a doctor about this. I don't want to rush to a doctor thinking maybe it is a little too soon and maybe my emotional state will settle down soon and I can get back to normal, but it is so frustrating to feel like this!

I am sorry if this is all over the place and if it doesn't make sense. I am just in a lot of pain right now and need to express it to someone other then my poor husband.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Herlache
by Jessie on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:27 PM
I'm sorry your having a rough time. I had very bad anxiety after mine. I stayed home didn't answer my phone. Shut almost everyone out. I know now I should have talked to someone. It's not shameful to call your dr and ask for help weather its medication or counseling. I'm glad your dh is comforting to you. (((hugs)))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:40 PM
I think talking to someone might help. Sometimes its nice just knowing the doc/therapist is there and you can say all the crazy things you can't say to others. But understand you are normal. I am less patient and less likely to be silly. I think the one thing that changed the most in my life after my first loss was we stopped reading to our 5 and 6 year old boys every night..that was 16months ago- I just couldn't handle the process of picking out a book, arguing over who's turn, my son cuddling my belly...I remember skipping reading time a few times and then daddy just stopped. Ok gotta stop cause I'm crying. What I'm saying is life goes on, sometimes its just different...and you just have to roll with it.
uriahadel
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Thank you

Quoting Herlache:

I'm sorry your having a rough time. I had very bad anxiety after mine. I stayed home didn't answer my phone. Shut almost everyone out. I know now I should have talked to someone. It's not shameful to call your dr and ask for help weather its medication or counseling. I'm glad your dh is comforting to you. (((hugs)))

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
uriahadel
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:49 PM
thank you, and maybe you are right. I just keep looking forward to my life getting back to how it was before easter and I didn't even consider that maybe it won't ever go back to that, and maybe I just need to learn to live it differently then before.

I am considering seeing a doctor, I told my dh that last night and he asked if it would help and I told him I didn't know. I don't want to get on medicine or anything, I just need to learn to work this out and so I am not depressed atlease.

Maybe I will schedule an appointment and see if it does help. Right now it can't be worse then what I am already dealing with.

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

I think talking to someone might help. Sometimes its nice just knowing the doc/therapist is there and you can say all the crazy things you can't say to others. But understand you are normal. I am less patient and less likely to be silly. I think the one thing that changed the most in my life after my first loss was we stopped reading to our 5 and 6 year old boys every night..that was 16months ago- I just couldn't handle the process of picking out a book, arguing over who's turn, my son cuddling my belly...I remember skipping reading time a few times and then daddy just stopped. Ok gotta stop cause I'm crying. What I'm saying is life goes on, sometimes its just different...and you just have to roll with it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OkWolfe
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:43 PM
i did talk to my dr. i got to where i wanted to be alone. didnt want to even be bothered by my son. i felt alot better talking to the dr. i was put on antidepressent pill. not sure if its working yet tho.

Quoting uriahadel:

After my last miscarriage on easter, I find myself some days suffering from depression. It isn't all the time but it is more then I care for. I find myself crying and not wanting to even get up out of bed. I am easily frustrated and tend to take it out on my dh. It hurts and I never imagine that something so tiny would affect me so much. Yesterday I was a basket case. As soon as my dh got off work, I took off leaving him with the kids to just get some time alone. I was able to talk to him about it later and as always he was patient with me and just comforted me.

Has anyone else gone through these emotions when they had a early miscarriage? I keep hoping and praying my life for go back to how I knew it before it happened but it hasn't and I am suffering on the inside and feel like noone understands. I have talked to my mother who comforted me several times, but nothing anyone says makes me feel any better. I am deciding on whether I need to see a doctor about this. I don't want to rush to a doctor thinking maybe it is a little too soon and maybe my emotional state will settle down soon and I can get back to normal, but it is so frustrating to feel like this!

I am sorry if this is all over the place and if it doesn't make sense. I am just in a lot of pain right now and need to express it to someone other then my poor husband.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:01 AM

((hugs)) i'm sorry your having such a rough time right now.  I agree with the other ladies talking to someone might help, whether it be a therapist or maybe even finding a support group in your area for miscarriage/infant loss.

Happy_Mcboobs
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 6:14 AM

Your feelings are perfectly normal. 
If it weren't for my other kids--I would stay in bed all day I'm sure.

I tend to get frustrated easily now too. :(  Someone said that they calmed down afterwards & took everything more in stride because they were grateful for those normally frustrating things. I wish that were me. I want to do that. I used to be pretty patient...but I'm not....I try to be...every day....I tend to get to a breaking point though and find myself wanting "alone time"... There isn't enough time in the day!  

Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I think I did more so after my 9 week MC.  It was a very up and down roller coaster, for the most part I felt fine, but had horrible mood swings, more so than depression.  Well, that and lack of motivation.  I didn't go on meds, I really don't think I needed them.  You know you better than anyone...but for me, I just thought it was normal grief.  My husband is also very understanding, great to unload on ;)  LOL!  It's kinda funny in a way, because it was almost like my husband wanted me to unload on him, and when I did, it would bring us closer, probably just because I was actually expressing myself and not keeping it all in, where he couldn't read what was going on.

mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Going through a loss is very difficult and many hard feelings and emotions. Thinking of you
uriahadel
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:44 PM
And see that is exactly what I am going through and I am usually not like this, and I am not even this bad when I am on my cycle...

I am sorry for your loss... it is good to know I am not some insane person dealing with it all wrong. Thanks

Quoting Happy_Mcboobs:

Your feelings are perfectly normal. 
If it weren't for my other kids--I would stay in bed all day I'm sure.

I tend to get frustrated easily now too. :(  Someone said that they calmed down afterwards & took everything more in stride because they were grateful for those normally frustrating things. I wish that were me. I want to do that. I used to be pretty patient...but I'm not....I try to be...every day....I tend to get to a breaking point though and find myself wanting "alone time"... There isn't enough time in the day!  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)