Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Origami Owl? Update with pics.

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:49 AM
  • 10 Replies

Ok, just an update to my original post....

I was invited to two of these parties. I had heard the "name" but had never known what it was....but the idea of making a locket was just too perfect for a loss mama like myself, in my opinion. 

So, I went to one of them & I made myself a locket just for Henry. I thought of putting birthstones for my other kids--but I wanted it just for Henry. I would have bought two for myself to have one for my living girls--and wear them layered BUT I was buying three already. I bought the whole "shebang" for myself but just the lockets for my mom & mil. Aren't I nice? My mom will put hers on a chain she already has I'm sure...my MIL? well, who knows if she'll actually wear hers. I have no luck with gifts for her ever. 

Next to my tattoo for my baby boy! I just love my tattoo too! :) 

OH! And my Bailey's Light necklace came this week. I took the charm off & put it in my OO Locket so now it actually says his name in there! I wear it daily & I just love it! :) I think I might go to the hobby store & buy those little scrapbook glue dots so everything stays in one spot & can be seen! The rep told us that trick! but just another thing to purchase of course....ugh....

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:54 AM
2 moms liked this

This is my Origami Owl locket I made in memory of my Avery.  I love it.  They are really nice, heavy, not cheap at all.  I have 7 charms in that locket, with some room to spare.  (that's a large locket btw).  One thing that is nice, is later, when you end up going to more parties, LOL, you can buy additional charms, and change them out according to your mood. 

egal105
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I am having an Origami Owl party next Saturday!  I bought one at my friend's about a month ago.  They certainly can get expensive, but you can keep it very reasonable.  They are great quality.  I bought a large locket, a chain, two plates, and four charms (one an angel wing for Jack) and it cost about $90, but you don't have to buy the chain if you don't need it. You don't even have to buy the plates if you don't want to.  I think they are great.

As for the actual party, I don't know.  I can understand not wanting to go and face anyone who doesn't know, but eventually they will find out.  If it were me, I'd call, email, text the hostess and tell her before hand, tell her it's been really hard. If you plan on going, I'd ask her to pass on the bad news to any mutual friends/aquaintances so they were aware.  Then they'd already know and you wouldn't have to see the initial reaction on their face.  That's what I would do/have done.

mdawn028
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:01 AM
I think u should have your own party at home and buy charms to make necklaces or bracelets at home. Then invite family and friends who have been through a loss of their baby or babies also. Then all of u can make a charm bracelet or necklace together for remembrance. Then it would cost less and be still just as good to remember your little one. Hugs Dawna.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mdawn028
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
That is beautiful nice job on it hon.

Quoting Angela4boys:

This is my Origami Owl locket I made in memory of my Avery.  I love it.  They are really nice, heavy, not cheap at all.  I have 7 charms in that locket, with some room to spare.  (that's a large locket btw).  One thing that is nice, is later, when you end up going to more parties, LOL, you can buy additional charms, and change them out according to your mood. 

mdawn028
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh that is nice great job on it hon.

Quoting egal105:

I am having an Origami Owl party next Saturday!  I bought one at my friend's about a month ago.  They certainly can get expensive, but you can keep it very reasonable.  They are great quality.  I bought a large locket, a chain, two plates, and four charms (one an angel wing for Jack) and it cost about $90, but you don't have to buy the chain if you don't need it. You don't even have to buy the plates if you don't want to.  I think they are great.

As for the actual party, I don't know.  I can understand not wanting to go and face anyone who doesn't know, but eventually they will find out.  If it were me, I'd call, email, text the hostess and tell her before hand, tell her it's been really hard. If you plan on going, I'd ask her to pass on the bad news to any mutual friends/aquaintances so they were aware.  Then they'd already know and you wouldn't have to see the initial reaction on their face.  That's what I would do/have done.

RheaF
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM
I am going to a party on may 5. I have already picked out what I want and am saving for it. I want the large locket with the Mana plate and birthstones of all three of my children( 2 living, one who passed in Jsnuary). I never get anything this expensive for myself, so DH said to just do it. It is a good way to remember.

Also, I can add stuff later.
mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Those are so cool!
kdevito
by on May. 7, 2013 at 5:04 PM

You should totally host a party! Then you would get a ton of free hostess credit for you to build lockets for you and your grandma. You could even host an online or a catalog party too. 

Id be happy to help answer any questions you may have. I'm an Independent Designer with Origami Owl. Would love to help you!

http://www.katiedevito.origamiowl.com

I also do a lot of contests, specials and giveaways on my Facebook page too!

http://www.facebook.com/katiedevito.origamiowl.com

RheaF
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I just bought one! I spent a total of $87, however..in the 7 years I have been a Mom, I have never gotten a real Mother's day present. So DH told me to get it. It has the Blessed, and the Mama plates in it, a birthstone for both my living children and the baby we lost, an infinity charm, and a music note charm(music means a lot to our family). It should be here this week. I can't wait!!

RheaF
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Photo: Yay!!!!!!!

Here is the necklace. I am so happy with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)