Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

:) Update on baby (pregnancy mentioned)

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:35 PM
  • 10 Replies
2 moms liked this

Well, the good news is I am finally in the second trimester and so far, things look great! We had a 13 week ultrasound this past week and baby is looking wonderful. Growing right on schedule, heartbeat looks great, and they're leaning towards a boy...though she said it's too early to tell! I'm still throwing up...but I feel like I can eat more every day, so I'm hopefuly the morning sickness is finishing up.

We've started telling people, which is fun....but it's kind of weird telling people for the second time. It seems....kinda anticlimatic I guess. I'm thrilled things are going well but I still freak out about every twinge or pull or whatever. It's challenging sometimes to feel excited when you've been through a loss and it makes me a little bit sad I won't ever experience that. But I just need to focus on the progress the baby is making and be happy about that!

This picture is great because we got to see the baby moving and kicking on the ultrasound...super cool!

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Precious! Congrats and so happy things are going good!

iSMILEheCRIES
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Gongrats! Glad things are going well. The things you can tell on US is amazing. All the kicks and wiggles
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4Clara
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:02 AM
That is so wonderful. Congrats!!!
Herlache
by Jessie on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:06 AM
I love u/s pics! I'm happy everything is going good. Can't wait for more great updates!
Kimbo78
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Congratulations!
Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Great U/S pics!  I'm feeling girl from those pics :)  Can't wait to hear, glad it's all going well!

rjsmommy214
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:11 AM
How wonderful. It is hard to get attached when you've experienced loss. So glad things look well. My mom says that the more sick you are the better chance you will carry to term lol don't know if there is any truth to that but it helped ease my mind when I was sick as a dog.
Happy_Mcboobs
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Interesting. :( I had the roughtest morning sickness with baby #5 & that was the baby I lost. :( Maybe I'm just an excetion to that sick "rule".....it's sort of how I knew it was a boy. :) 

Quoting rjsmommy214:

How wonderful. It is hard to get attached when you've experienced loss. So glad things look well. My mom says that the more sick you are the better chance you will carry to term lol don't know if there is any truth to that but it helped ease my mind when I was sick as a dog.

echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Yay!!!!!
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:18 PM
I felt boy! Lol

Quoting Angela4boys:

Great U/S pics!  I'm feeling girl from those pics :)  Can't wait to hear, glad it's all going well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)