Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Molar pregnancy anyone?

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:35 PM
  • 11 Replies
Hello all.
Yesterday I had my 2nd D&C in 5 months.
This last pregnancy was a partial molar. This is so much scarier than my last loss because of the risks to my health.... With my first loss, I was told I could wait 2-3 cycles and ttc. This time, I have been advised to wait a year because I will be going in for monthly cancer checks....

A molar pregnancy can be cancerous. The doc insisted on a D&C because of the dangers and risks to my health.... Has anyone else been through this?
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I am sorry honey. I honestly done know anything about molar pregnancies, so I am no help...but I'm here for you and I'm sorry this has been so hard. Hugs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4Clara
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Thank you. I hope you are feeling a bit better now.

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

I am sorry honey. I honestly done know anything about molar pregnancies, so I am no help...but I'm here for you and I'm sorry this has been so hard. Hugs

SMontez89
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:25 AM

I had one of those about 9 months ago. I am living in Europe though & the research I did online was completely different than the advice the dr's here gave me. They said since it was PARTIAL mole not full mole the cancer risk is GREATLY reduced. It's almost not even a worry. They never once had me go in for a check. Even after I asked a couple times. & they told me I could try again after 2-3 cycles.

Mommy4Clara
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:51 AM
That's fantastic news. My doc believes mine was a partial. He is running tests to make sure it wasn't a full molar. It would be amazing if I didn't have to worry about cancer.

Quoting SMontez89:

I had one of those about 9 months ago. I am living in Europe though & the research I did online was completely different than the advice the dr's here gave me. They said since it was PARTIAL mole not full mole the cancer risk is GREATLY reduced. It's almost not even a worry. They never once had me go in for a check. Even after I asked a couple times. & they told me I could try again after 2-3 cycles.

SMontez89
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Yes! Huge relief. I will send prayers your way. Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions:). Good luck! 

echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:16 PM
I'm so sorry
Mommy4Clara
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Thank you. I appreciate that. This has seemed like a very lonely experience...

Quoting SMontez89:

Yes! Huge relief. I will send prayers your way. Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions:). Good luck! 

Herlache
by Jessie on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry hun! I have no experience I'm no help sorry. I hope it's like smontez89 says and its nothing to worry about! ((hugs))
gcecelie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Did you get a second opinion? That sounds so scary.

Good luck *hugs*

Mommy4Clara
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:29 PM
I did not, but I had ultrasounds every week for 4 weeks and it didn't seem to be anything else. The tissue is at the lab now for a complete analysis.
It is totally scary.... I can't believe something like this can happen to a woman who is just trying to have a baby. I'm trying to stay positive though. Looking forward to doing some fun activities with my current kids this year.

Quoting gcecelie:Did you get a second opinion? That sounds so scary.Good luck *hugs*
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN