Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

cant shake this

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:25 AM
  • 22 Replies
I think or rather i know i am suffering from depression. Why is it so hard for me (or us as women) to admit that we need help. I have tried to be strong but i think i am lossing the battle. Its been over a year since i lost her but i cant seem to get over it. Its on my mind all the time. I dont know what to do, i dont know where to go.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy4Clara
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Oh hun. It is totally ok to get help. When my grandmother died 2 years ago, I was miserable, but I fought it. I made myself literally sick... i had migraines and horrible mood swings. I started taking Prozac and it really helped me move forward. After my first loss, I again took Prozac for about 6 weeks.
I don't advise taking medication for a long period of time, but you should definitely consider something, whether medicine or counseling. I hope you can begin to heal.
lunarmamma
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Thank you

Quoting Mommy4Clara:

Oh hun. It is totally ok to get help. When my grandmother died 2 years ago, I was miserable, but I fought it. I made myself literally sick... i had migraines and horrible mood swings. I started taking Prozac and it really helped me move forward. After my first loss, I again took Prozac for about 6 weeks.

I don't advise taking medication for a long period of time, but you should definitely consider something, whether medicine or counseling. I hope you can begin to heal.

TwinkleStars918
by Amanda on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I took antidepressants for a short while after I lost Norah and I think it's what I needed to help me balance out and become 'normal' again. I was so depressed, I didn't even eat unless my boyfriend made me, but between the mess and talking about it I began feeling better, sleeping even.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:07 AM

You poor thing! Go to the doctor, you don't have to suffer through this!  (((hugs)))

Herlache
by Jessie on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:11 AM
There is no shame in getting help. I think we all want to be strong but that's what gets us into trouble. We don't want to have another thing we can't control. I have had trouble my whole life (very bad child hood) I've had to be on some sort of antidepressant on and off. ((hugs))
Raeann11
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

There is no shame at getting help. It is hard when society does make it seem that way. But it is best to get help when you need it.

I just had to do this myself. I have been worried to tell some and really don't say it to many. But the few I have talked to about it. Are happy and support that I am getting help.

HUGS

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I didn't seek help after losing Lily, but I know I should have. Its hard. For me I like conseling, I enjoy counseling, but its still hard to make the call and admit "I need help." I usually just have to suck it up and DIVE in- get the phone book, pick a name, call, ask about insurance, and make the appt...all in one big step. I can't do it in stops and starts because it makes it scary. But there is no shame in grieving and needing someone to walk through it with you.
lunarmamma
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:10 PM
I feel weak and whiny, its been a year for goodness sake

Quoting Angela4boys:

You poor thing! Go to the doctor, you don't have to suffer through this!  (((hugs)))

lunarmamma
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:13 PM
I have suffered from depression for years, but i have never been on meds for it, but i think its time, i think this has pushed me over the edge.

Quoting Herlache:

There is no shame in getting help. I think we all want to be strong but that's what gets us into trouble. We don't want to have another thing we can't control. I have had trouble my whole life (very bad child hood) I've had to be on some sort of antidepressant on and off. ((hugs))

uriahadel
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:02 PM
You are going through the same thing I am. I am having a hard time and mine happened on easter day, and I am really considering seeing a doctor for mine and maybe you should too... I know it is hard but it is better then living the way we are and I am sooo sorry for your loss!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)