Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Super freaked out right now… 17w MC maybe? FINAL UPDATE…We are finally home!!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 5:51 PM
  • 65 Replies
2 moms liked this
Aug 5th 2012 I had MC. The things I noticed is that I had this pain in my shoulder that hurt only when I touched it, there was this wired feeling in my lower abdomen when I felt really sick.

I am 17w1d the same exact pain is in my shoulder in the same spot, the weird feeling I had last time is back, I have not felt the baby move in 2 days (have been feeling him move many times a day from the inside) I'm freaking out I'm so scared right now. I don't have a doc appt until the 9th and I can't go to the hospital because I have no one to watch my kids. I can't stop shaking and I'm on the verge of balling my ass off.

***UPDATE***
I called the doc and he said to wait until tomorrow and come in to do a HC. I'm going to try and relax and not think about it.

This morning I was talking to him begging him to move for me, the pain in my shoulder has not gone away. The dull achy pain comes and goes. He was bulging out on the right side this morning and I have been drinking very sweet and hoping for the best until I can get in to see the doc.

The shoulder pain that I have experienced is an indication of internal bleeding, not many women notice it but it does happen

So baby's heart rate keeps dropping and rising, they admitted to the hospital and they are giving me antibiotics because they said I have some sort of infection hopefully lots of fluids and these meds help keep him from passing. Please pray for us. This is my last chance to have a baby I lose him now I will never get another chance and I don't think I would be able to get past this.

Update……
Late last night they lost my baby's heart beat for about an hour, so they did an ultrasound and they found that he was moving so much the monitor could not track his heart beat. All through the his heart rate went up and down but as of this morning it has been at a steady 149 - 151. They said the antibiotics seem to be working and if through the day his heart rate does not drop at all they will have high hopes he will survive! Thank you all for your prayers we will continue to need they because we are not in the clear yet.

UPDATE
They finally let us go home, I have 4 more days of meds and a doc appt but since this hospital stay I can feel my little man moving around like crazy! They said now that we have things under control they don't see any reason for me to be scared of losing him anymore! Thank you all so much for your prayers and well wishes! 22w2d left hoping we will make it with no more issues or scares!!! Oh and a little advice for the ladies out there who don't like taking antibiotics don't risk it this is how I almost lost my little man. It was a UTI gone awry.
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iSMILEheCRIES
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Hang in there honey. Put a coke or orange juice in the freezer and drink it fast then go lay on tummy. See if you can harass him into being squirmy...I only feel my baby about every other day, its like she wears herself out and needs a break the next day. If you are still concerned call the labor and delivery floor and ask if its possible to come in for a hb chk (and just take your kids since you would only be there for a second). Hugs relax honey
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Herlache
by Jessie on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree! If your that concerned just go in take the kids with.

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Hang in there honey. Put a coke or orange juice in the freezer and drink it fast then go lay on tummy. See if you can harass him into being squirmy...I only feel my baby about every other day, its like she wears herself out and needs a break the next day. If you are still concerned call the labor and delivery floor and ask if its possible to come in for a hb chk (and just take your kids since you would only be there for a second). Hugs relax honey
Ruffnekwife87
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:04 PM
They will not see me if I have the kids with me. But I am trying all I can I think I felt him move a little bit ago but I can't be sure

Quoting Herlache:

I agree! If your that concerned just go in take the kids with.

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

JMmama
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Try to relax. Call your doctor in the morning and see if you can come in for a heartbeat check.
gcecelie
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

GO AND TAKE THE KIDS! If your doc doesn't understand then find a new doc and take the kids with you there too! 

iSMILEheCRIES
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:27 PM
bump any news? Any squirming?
Happy_Mcboobs
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I understand. Some doctors do not like kids to be there during ultrasounds. They especially wouldn't want you to have your kids with you if you thought something was wrong. I would pray that everything is fine & wait until the 9th. It isnt' that far away. :) And like the first noter---drink some caffiene to see if you can get the baby to wiggle. At 17 weeks--you won't feel movement like you would past 20 weeks.... you feel flutters...and as long as you feel flutters...maybe everything will be fine! :)  

gcecelie
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I know I seem extremely more excited than everyone else but if I could go back in time I would. I waited until my Dr's appointment and its a decision I can't ever take back.

Not to freak you out anymore... just do what YOU think is best.

Quoting gcecelie:

GO AND TAKE THE KIDS! If your doc doesn't understand then find a new doc and take the kids with you there too! 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Ruffnekwife87
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Nothing

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

bump any news? Any squirming?

MommaBoop922
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:57 PM

oh no Im so sorry!! You know sometimes that is just too soon to have consistent moving and babies can have really really lazy days! I remember having to push my 2nd into moving at times and it had me panicking! I would keep trying and definitely get in when you can so you can be put at ease! keep us posted and good luck!

I also dont think an ER can deny you service if you have kids there so maybe if you need to go anyway. I know it will be tough but its harder to deal with that fear!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)