Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Threatened Miscarriage ****FINAL UPDATE****

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:56 AM
  • 25 Replies

Final Update: Late last night I passed tissue. I brought it into the ER and miscarriage was confirmed. I had an ultrasound to make sure nothing was left in my uterus and it looked clear. I was prescribed pills to helps clear everything out just in case. Trying to avoid a DnC if at all possible. Oddly the person I saw at the ER was the Nurse Practitioner that worked with my my old midwife. It was nice to have someone I'm famaliar with while going through this. Thank you everyone for your well wishes and prayers.

I'm 7 weeks 5 days pregnant. Friday evening I started cramping and spotting and headed to the ER. Baby had a heartbeat but they diagnosed me with threatened miscarriage, told me to come back in if it got any worse, and to see my doctor as soon as possible. By early Saturday morning the bleeding became heavier so I panicked and decided to go back to the ER. I basically was told the same thing and was sent home. Since my bleeding has increased to that of a heavy period, I'm passing clots, and I'm still cramping. My gut tells me that I am miscarrying. I'm going crazy and making myself sick with worry. I have a few hours now before the doctor's office opens and I don't even know how quickly they will be able to get me in. I'm not sure if I can handle losing this baby.....

Update: Who would have thought that it would be so hard to get into a obgyn?! First thing I called my old doctor and they just advised their policy that if you haven't been seen as a patient within two years you are no longer considered a patient with them. At this time they are not accepting OB patients so I had to move on and try  to find someone else to see me. Three other OBGYN's were also not accepting new patients and it came down to only two  here locally that could take me as a patient. But then we hit another snag. I have pregnancy medicaid for insurance and because if I did in fact miscarry the care I would need would be considered GYN and no longer OB and my insurance wouldn't cover it. So they informed me that the only way my insurance will cover it is if I'm referred. So I spent two hours playing phone tag with the hospital that I was seen at on Saturday to find out if they could refer me so I can be seen. Finally I was referred. The only downfall is that the doctor I was referred to has a terrible reputation. At that point I was desperate so I was going to take whatever care I could get. So I head into the office and fill out all the new patient paperwork and then they inform me that they can't get me in to see the doctor until tomorrow. At this point I have had it and I chewed the lady out. I told her there is no way I was leaving without seeing the doctor. Finally they agreed to see me. I waited three hours before finally getting called back and put into a room. I had a pap smear done and the doctor said that because my cervix is closed and because they did find a heartbeat at the hospital that he is not worried that I'm miscarrying. Just to be sure though I had to get some blood work and I go back in on thursday to have an ultrasound and to find out the results of my lab work. So as of right now I don't have a real answer but I am feeling much more confident. I've done a lot of researching and I have learned that indeed because there was a heartbeat found and no cervix dilation that these are really good signs. I will not be staying with this doctor and once I find out for sure that everything is ok I will be finding a midwife. I'll update again after thursday once I have some more answers. Thanks everyone for the words of advice, prayers, and encouragement.  This has been the scariest thing I have ever gone through. I've had miscarried three times previous to this that were so early that they were still concidered chemical pregnancies. Those were all hard on me but they happened so quickly after finding out that I was able to cope a little better. This pregnancy took us 18 months of ttc before it happened. If I was to lose it I just know that I couldn't emotional handle ttc again.

Caitlyn

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mwangi1989
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:08 AM
Try to remain positive and not think of the worst yet. At about 9 weeks I had a heavy bleed with clots and was also told its a threatened miscarriage and was admitted for two days but am still pregnant so please stay positive till you are told. Good luck and prayers for you and baby
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kisses_the_bird
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:13 AM

Thanks! Gives me a little bit of hope to hear that you also bled heavy with clots but didn't lose the baby.

Quoting mwangi1989:

Try to remain positive and not think of the worst yet. At about 9 weeks I had a heavy bleed with clots and was also told its a threatened miscarriage and was admitted for two days but am still pregnant so please stay positive till you are told. Good luck and prayers for you and baby

bhluc23
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:37 AM
Since your bleeding, your md should see right away. Good luck to you
kisses_the_bird
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:43 AM

Thanks I really hope so. In the past it's been hard to get in with him. I actually wasn't going to return to him with this baby but I decided that he might be my best choice at getting in quickly since I'm still considered a patient there.

Quoting bhluc23:

Since your bleeding, your md should see right away. Good luck to you

Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:47 AM

I am so sorry Hun (((hugs)))  Keep us updated.  I really am sorry you are going through this. 

chicaespana2003
by Steph on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Thinking of you!

Herlache
by Jessie on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Fx for you hun!
Cal2006
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I am not sure what your faith is or if you have faith. But I believe that God doesn't give us more than we can handle. I have been through 4 losses, and you can handle it if in fact you are losing the baby (which sad to say it does sound as if you are).  Please try to stay positive...I know it is hard. All you want to do is fix it and protect the life inside...but know that regardless the outcome, you are not alone. We are all here for you.

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Hugs we are all here for you and will pray. Hopefully your old doc can get you in. Regardless how this turns out, find a doc that will be there for you and care for you. I can't tell you how much better I feel knowing my doc will get me in at a moments notice even if it sounds like a silly reason! Hugs honey and keep us posted please-we are here for you
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Not all bleeding leads to loss. Please keep us posted. (hugs)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN