Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

First period after d&c?

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:41 AM
  • 16 Replies

i had a miscarriage on 3.21.13 and d&c on the 23rd. bled for maybe 8 days and no spotting at all between then and now. had a big temp drop yesterday and some cramps, woke up to my period this morning. so i guess my question is, how bad was it for you guys they first time after d & c? i've heard some horror stories and quite frankly i'm a little terrified :(

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Herlache
by Jessie on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Mine was very heavy and painful. A heating pad and pain meds were my best friend. Hope yours is better than mine. Gl
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Happy_Mcboobs
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Mine came at 6 weeks after---and the first day was terrifying because it was completely by surprise & brown!! I was like WTF?? I guess that is normal....the next 5 days it was a normal heavy, red period, not any different than any other period.

kerri2628
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:54 AM

it's weird, so far only when i wipe and it is kinda brownish so thanks for saying that because i was ready to leave a message for the dr ;)  cramps are getting pretty serious though so im considering taking some pain meds now before it gets worse? im just relieved its finally here, never ever ever thought i'd feel that way about my period!

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:15 PM

MIne wasn't as long as it had been before but I did have more discomfort with cramping, etc.

Bailee2b
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:10 PM
I havent had mine yet. My d&c was on March 26 th.
Cal2006
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I haven't had bad periods after miscarriages. I have had a natural birth (stillbirth), two natural miscarriages and one D&C. My period after each of these were like my normal periods, not more painful or heavy. I know that every woman is different, but for me mine were normal.

Mommy4Clara
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:26 PM

My first period after my first D&C was a typical period.  My D&C made me bleed for 22 days.  I was dry for about a week, then started a normal 4 day period followed by a day or two of spotting.  Don't be terrified!

I had another D&C on Friday and I'm just looking forward to getting that first period and getting back to normal again....

Devious103102
by Priscilla on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:32 PM

I had my first D&C at the end of Sept and my first period after actually wasn't too bad. I did cramp VERY badly but the bleeding wasn't much worse than I normally get (heavy).

mdawn028
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:04 AM
I didn't have to have a d&c. My afterbirth passed by itself very sad and crying I was. Very painful physically and mentally. My lower belly had severe pain I bleed heavily for a long while soaking a bunch of pads. Eventually took a while to stop bleeding but my last visit to my gynecologist I had finally slowed down some he had to give me pain meds. I think the day after or the day after that I finally quit bleeding.I lost my baby July 28,2012. My baby would have been due March 5,2013. I named her Heaven Lynn cause she went to be with the Lord. I lost her while I was only 8 weeks along. Took me 8long yrs. Of trying the natural way to get pregnant with her. I was very crushed,heartbroken, and hurt for the longest time. My dh and I are trying to get pregnant the natural way again now I pray it happens soon. I am sorry for your loss hon my heart goes out to u and aches for u. Hugs Dawna
jae414
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:33 AM
I just had my first period after the d&c. It took 5 weeks to the day to come. I cramped worse than normal but the period was like it always was before. Except it was super short. Mine normally runs 5-6 days. This time it was 3.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)