Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

stomach pain a few months after miscarriage

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:56 PM
  • 10 Replies
I had a miscarriage on January 21st. I bleed for about a week and then was fine pain wise.my period came back about 5 weeks later. The last 4-5 weeks I have been having a lot of stomach pains, like bad period cramps. That's followed by bad diareah on and off all day some times for days straight then it goes away a few days to only return. Has this happened to anyone else?could it be related to the miscarriage?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Herlache
by Jessie on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Are you sure all the tissue is out? Are you having any signs of infection? It wouldn't hurt to call your dr and ask!

uriahadel
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:52 PM
I did have that after my miscarriage on january the 5th, and went in the following month and found out I still had tissue I didn't ever pass. It did come out during my menstrual cycle about four to five weeks later but you may still need to go see a doctor to make sure there is no infection
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cassie241986
by Cassie on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:04 PM
They never did an ultrasound after my miscarriage. So I'm not 100% sure. I have had 2 normal periods since then with no clots or anything. The only symptoms I've had is stomach pains and diareah.

Quoting Herlache:

Are you sure all the tissue is out? Are you having any signs of infection? It wouldn't hurt to call your dr and ask!

cassie241986
by Cassie on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:12 PM
I've had 2 normal periods since my miscarriage with no blood clots or anything, so I thought all the tissue would be gone but I'm not 100% sure they never did an ultrasound. I hope to get to the doctor in the next couple weeks. I'm having insurance issues.

Quoting uriahadel:

I did have that after my miscarriage on january the 5th, and went in the following month and found out I still had tissue I didn't ever pass. It did come out during my menstrual cycle about four to five weeks later but you may still need to go see a doctor to make sure there is no infection

Herlache
by Jessie on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Just to be safe I'd call the dr.

cassie241986
by Cassie on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Thanks I plan to call tomorrow. Not sure when I'll actually be able to go in though. I'm having insurance issues.

Quoting Herlache:

Just to be safe I'd call the dr.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I would go to the doctor, that doesn't sound right, you never know, it could be something completely unrelated, but either way, you should be looked at.

cassie241986
by Cassie on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Thanks! I plan to get to the doctor as soon as possible. I'm having some insurance issues right now.

Quoting Angela4boys:

I would go to the doctor, that doesn't sound right, you never know, it could be something completely unrelated, but either way, you should be looked at.

tts
by Tara on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:23 AM

have you recently been on any antoibotics? 

cassie241986
by Cassie on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:35 AM
No its been a long time since I've took anything other than pepto.

Quoting tts:

have you recently been on any antoibotics? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)