Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Rough week ahead

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:37 PM
  • 10 Replies

Yesterday I made 17wks in my current pregnancy, Thursday I will be 17w 4d...

Thur is April 25, the 7m anni of the day I lost my son, and I lost my son at 17w 5d =0(   I'm trying very hard to keep my mind occupied and stay busy (which isn't hard) but my mind does still wonder off at times.  I also have an anterior placenta so I'm not feeling any movement (maybe a few flutters recently but that's it) and it's driving me insane. I know it's "normal" because I didn't feel REAL movement with DD4 (also anterior placenta) till 20wks, but I also didn't feel any movement from my son... ever.  I thought I felt some movement the night before I gave birth, but who knows =0/  I have my next appt on the 29th and I'm very anxious for that appt to get here, I just want to see my baby and know that my little Cashew (what we call baby) is ok. 

J-07.25.00...Em-03.21.02...Belle-08.27.05...Livi-04.09.12...Thinking BLUE-09.29.13

Mommy's angels: 08/98, 06/99, 08/02, 12/12/02, 05/02/11, Jr-09/25/12

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mdawn028
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this
My heart goes out to u hon I hope all goes well for u at your appointment. Sorry for your loss u suffered before. Hopefully your mind will be put at rest a little better when u get to see your little one at your appointment. I imagine it is rough not knowing. My dh and I are trying to get pregnant again. Took us 8 yrs. Of trying only to lose our Heaven Lynn didn't know her gender felt she was a girl. I named her Heaven Lynn cause she went to be with the Lord when I lost her at only 8 weeks along in my pregnancy. It was very hard to go through that we wanted her with us really bad. I lost her July 28,2012. She would have been due March 5,2013. We are trying to get pregnant again naturally now again. I pray we will get pregnant again soon. I hope all goes well for u at your appointment hon. Hugs Dawna
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gcecelie
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont have any advice as i have not had to deal with anniversaries yet but another lady in this group wrote that she and her DH light a candle for their angel baby together on the anniversary and that helps.

Hopefully something like that brings you comfort.

peachyisthelife
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey sweetie, I know your feelings exactly.  I'm currently 23w pg after having my loss at 15w last summer.  This pregnancy has been incredibly difficult.  It's an emotional roller coaster.  I also didn't feel any movement at all until 19w, it truly scared me to death.  I thought I'd be magically all happy once I passed the 15w mark, but heck no.  I will say, it's a lot better now that I can feel the baby every day.  We'll always be a little worried I think.  A pregnancy after a m/c has been a very difficult thing for me, very.  It will get better and easier, just have to take it day by day until we're holding our sweeties in our arms.  ((hugs))

Devious103102
by Priscilla on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Thanks everyone. It's just so hard. That wasn't my first loss (it was my 6th) but it was my first after the 1st trimester. I was all in my "safe zone" and not expecting anything bad to happen, then it did, it's just taken away my ability to feel "safe" in my pregnancy anymore =0( 

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:21 AM
I wrote the exact same thing the other day. The anxiety of the milestones- for me the few days surrounding my loss "zone" were extrememly emotional, but now 4 days later, I have returned to normal crazy instead of overly crazy. Hang in there, the bad days will all be worth it soon
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gcecelie
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I understand. I found out my DD had passed away in the 9th month.

Quoting Devious103102:

Thanks everyone. It's just so hard. That wasn't my first loss (it was my 6th) but it was my first after the 1st trimester. I was all in my "safe zone" and not expecting anything bad to happen, then it did, it's just taken away my ability to feel "safe" in my pregnancy anymore =0( 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:34 AM

With my 5th Child, I had an anterior placenta, I didn't feel anything until about 27 weeks.  It was a bummer.  Do you have a home doppler?  Maybe that would help.  I can understand the anxiety.  If I ever get a rainbow, I think I'm gonna be a wreck the entire time!

Devious103102
by Priscilla on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I ordered one but it went to the wrong address (my fault) and I have yet to get it back (been over a month) =0(  

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:28 PM

*hugs*  I home tomorrow is okay for you.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:50 PM

((hugs)) I hope tomorrow goes okay for you hun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)