Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy after MC *pregnancy mentioned***UPDATE**

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:48 AM
  • 47 Replies
I just found out Sunday that I am indeed pregnant after my loss in October. Not a single part of me is excited at all because I am so afraid to go through a loss again. Has this happened to anyone? I prayed and prayed for this to happen, and now I'm feeling so afraid that I can't enjoy it.

Now it's been a week since I found out I was pregnant and now I'm cramping and spotting. I'm really quite a wreck. I'm calling the doctor first thing Monday morning.
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Happy_Mcboobs
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats! Just take it one step, one day at a time....give yourself some "dates" to be happy....celebrate tiny, one day accomplishments....

It is scary for anyone who has suffered a loss. Pregnancy will not be as joyous & innocent as it was before a loss....

I am not there yet...I'm afraid too....I'm trying to learn my calm....to find my inner happy place again....so that when the time comes to get my rainbow--I will be able to cherish it & not subside in fear.

AmberRose1122
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Thank you. I thought I'd be overjoyed but I just am struggling.

Quoting Happy_Mcboobs:

Congrats! Just take it one step, one day at a time....give yourself some "dates" to be happy....celebrate tiny, one day accomplishments....

It is scary for anyone who has suffered a loss. Pregnancy will not be as joyous & innocent as it was before a loss....

I am not there yet...I'm afraid too....I'm trying to learn my calm....to find my inner happy place again....so that when the time comes to get my rainbow--I will be able to cherish it & not subside in fear.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I was excited for about a week, then it turned to fear again, blah!  It is normal to feel that way, I'm sorry :(  Congrats on your Rainbow (((hugs)))

Devious103102
by Priscilla on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:40 AM

(((hugs))) I'm dealing with that right now. I wanted SO badly to be pregnant after I lost my son in Sept but this pregnancy has left me more fearful then joyful. I'm hoping once I start to feel some movement (I'm 17w 2d but have an anterior placenta and feel no movement) that I'll be able to relax a bit, but the wait for that to happen is killing me. 

Rosebud27aj
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats...when I got pregnant after my mc, I was so afraid of losing this baby too...but I took it one day at a time and everything will work out...my ds is now 3...

Raeann11
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Congrats, after my first loss and pregnancy. I did worry a bit but not that much. I was excited.

Last year I just had my 2nd and 3rd. When we pregnant again after my second miscarriage. I did worry more this time. I was also excited but it wa always there in the back of my mind.

It is normal to have these feelings. Right know I am really scared to get pregnant. I know when decide it is time. I know I will have to take it one day at a time. But I know I have a lot of support to help me through it all.

AmberRose1122
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:50 AM
I am afraid that I won't be excited until I have a live baby in my arms.

Quoting Devious103102:

(((hugs))) I'm dealing with that right now. I wanted SO badly to be pregnant after I lost my son in Sept but this pregnancy has left me more fearful then joyful. I'm hoping once I start to feel some movement (I'm 17w 2d but have an anterior placenta and feel no movement) that I'll be able to relax a bit, but the wait for that to happen is killing me. 

AmberRose1122
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:52 AM
We tried to get pregnant immediately after and it didn't work and we changed our mind and now we are in shock with this one.

Quoting Raeann11:

Congrats, after my first loss and pregnancy. I did worry a bit but not that much. I was excited.

Last year I just had my 2nd and 3rd. When we pregnant again after my second miscarriage. I did worry more this time. I was also excited but it wa always there in the back of my mind.

It is normal to have these feelings. Right know I am really scared to get pregnant. I know when decide it is time. I know I will have to take it one day at a time. But I know I have a lot of support to help me through it all.

Namaste09
by Samantha on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Congratulations!! like Angela I was very excited for the first week then fear kicked in. Just love the baby an keep positive thoughts an be happy for each day you get with this precious little one an set dates to look forward too

Herlache
by Jessie on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I'm in the same boat! I just found out I'm pg after my loss dec 27th. I'm so scared! After two sets of blood work and the dr saying everything is looking great I'm still worrying. Now I have a u/s next Friday and I'm terrified to go. Everyone tells me it will get easier  but ....  I don't know. Dh and now dd cause she is nosey are so excited . How can we get excited after a loss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)