Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Update/rainbow baby/ ttc mentioned

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:54 AM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

My rainbow baby will be 4 months old this week. She comes after two losses last year. I love her. It is super hard to see her grow and think of all I missed out on with our two babies we never got to hold. I am so grateful for her. I do get sad thinking about it. We have discussed ttc again in a few years but I am terrified. Has anyone had a rainbow then ttc again? I don't want ttc now but I'm not sure we are ready to close this chapter of our lives either. The thought of having another loss scares the crap out of me. We went through so much to have her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Herlache
by Jessie on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Omg she is adorable! Sorry I'm no help. I'm cooking my rainbow now. (Fx it sticks!)
Irene1923
by Tina on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:10 AM
She is beautiful. I am 24 weeks with our Rainbow but we have talked about wanting two children. She will be our first. And as we made the decision to buy gender neutral items in the hope that in a couple years we will try again, the thought is scary. I am still nervous about this pregnancy and am still on a crazy emotional rollercoaster. I know though, that when the time comes, it will not be without worry. But in a few years, maybe the thought of TTC won't be so stressful for you. Try not to worry to much about it now as time tends to soften our sad memories and sometimes our fears. *Hugs*
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:00 AM

She's a doll. Rainbows are so wonderful.

mommyofnoah208
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Awe!she is so cute and so glad you guys are doing well! I am glad you updated us! It is hard to imagine what we miss out on :( i still always think about that with my son I lost. My rainbow is 17 months old now. We are not have anymore kids though, so i dont have any advice on ttc again. But good luck when the time is right!! I know it is scary, but praying everything will go amazing
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Oh my gosh she is a DOLL! I am currently pregnant with my rainbow, but the thought of ANOTHER pregnancy scares the crap out of me. I keep praying this baby sticks so I don't have to do this again...maybe in a few years I will feel diff. Hang in there and just keep it in the back of your mind
Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Aww, she's a precious as can be!  Thanks for sharing :)

echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Cute!!
chicaespana2003
by Steph on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I have not experienced this myself (yet). I know my sister in law's first baby was early and born sleeping. My brother and SIL tried many times and had other losses before they had their rainbow daughter (now 8 yrs old). They also had a little boy too (now 5), but I am not sure on details of any losses between their rainbow daughter and little boy.

I know that they had an Rh factor. All were premies. My rainbow niece was in distress as the placenta had detached. My nephew wanted to come out. Their birthdays are 2 days apart.

canadianmommy4
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Its deff scary to try again. Right now I am pregnant again after having 2 m/c. I am crossing my fingures that this will be my rainbow baby. I wish you all the best when that time comes that you want to try again. 

Ashleysnicholas
by Ashley on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Thank you all so much for your support and advice. I am so happy to see so many of you expecting. It's so scary.
Ismileshecries I am ecstatic for you. You have been through so much. I am praying for you to have your rainbow.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN