Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Second miscarriage

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:02 PM
  • 6 Replies
Hi. My name is Natalie and I'm the mama of two girls, lily 3 and Malia 10. I've never joined or conversed in an on line site besides your basic Facebook....I'm the mama of two girls, lily 3 and Malia 10. I had my first miscarriage( on its own) in Thanksgiving last year. I had my second yesterday by using Cytotec . I was 11 weeks 4 days but my baby only measured 7 wks 6 days with no hb. I was shocked and devastated because I felt great and I was starting to get past my paranoia that it would happen again. Anyways, after taking Cytotec I went through horrific labor pains/contractions for several before it started working. I'm now concerned i did not fully pass everything. It's now the next day, and I'm barely spotting. I was under the impression I would bleed for days. It almost feels like I have a kidney infection. I do have an ultrasound scheduled but right now my mind is racing with the sadness, guilt, confusion and paranoia that its not yet "finished" so to speak. Anyone else take cytotec? Did it work for you? And what did you feel the next day! I took 2 doses at 4 hr incriminates with 2 pills vaginally at a time...
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Jules_
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:39 PM
I have not had any experience with that. My first two were D&C's and my third happened naturally but then I had complications and had an emergency D&C Saturday. I hope someone here has some answers for you. Let us know how the ultrasound goes.
uriahadel
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:40 PM
I am sorry for your loss!

I had 3 miscarriages. The first two I bled for nearly two weeks, and I did lose a lot of blood, but it did stop every couple of days and returned. The last miscarriage I had was easter and I bled for only 2 days. On easter day I started at 7 in the morning passing clots and it continued until 4. I bled the rest of that night and Monday and it was completely gone by the time I woke up on Tuesday. I was seen by a doctor on Thursday and had blood work done and my cervix checked. It was all normal again. I completely passed everything Sunday. I also just went for a recheck last Tuesday and everything is still normal and I haven't bled since then either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hope188
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 5:01 PM
So sorry for u loss ...Last yr I had my first miscarriage and took cytotec I was bleeding the first day when I noticed I had passed some tissue An it depends the next day I wasnt bleeding alot then the 3rd day I did an pass more clots and tissue Then I went off to my Appointment got a ultrasound done and By the next day I was informed I pass everything Hope u feel better
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:14 PM

((hugs)) I am so sorry for your losses.  I don't have any experiance with cytotec though sorry.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:33 AM

I had cytotec to induce my first loss, I was 16 weeks.  I hemmorhaged, lost 7 1/2 pounds of blood/ clots/ tissue, and needed an emergency D&E to stop it.  It happened just after the second dose was placed.  I needed a blood transfusion I was so weak.  After my D&E, although the bleeding was light, I bled for 26 days off and on...but felt mostly fine, no pain.  I would get rechecked if I were you....just to be sure everything is out.  Post partum bleeding really varies from woman to woman, and even each incident....so this may be normal, but it's always best to get checked.

Natk1979
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Thanks to everyone that responded and gave me their stories. Miscarriage is such a horrible thing to experience. The loss never goes away! I'm so sorry to you guys as well. My heart goes out to each and every one of you. I did Jane an ultrasound today and unfortunately there is still stuff there. I am about to start another round of cytotec which I'm dreading. It hurt so bad the last time. Hopefully, this will end the physical aspect of this horrible situation.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)