Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

When can I expect a period after a miscarriage?

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:57 PM
  • 9 Replies
I had a miscarriage on Sunday, March 17th. That was 6 weeks ago today. My husband and I have been concerned that I have not gotten my period yet. I am usually every 35 days; however, I didn't know if the miscarriage would mess up my cycle? Any help is appreciated! :-)
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Bailee2b
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I know it is different for everybody and it can definitely mess up your cycle.  I had my d&c on March 26th and I started yesterday.

Emma.seabourn
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:08 PM
My bleeding during miscarriage lasted around 5 days then it was about 5 weeks until I got my first cycle. Hang in there. Some women have to wait up to 3 months!
Herlache
by Jessie on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:22 PM
I bleed for 8 days then took seven weeks to get af. I think the norm is 4-6 weeks but up to 8 weeks is ok
asbk621
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Thanks for the responses!  I really appreciate the feed back!  It's nice to know that I don't have anything to work about right now.  When I had my miscarriage it was about 5 days, similar to my normal period.  I'll give it another week or two.  I hope I don't have to wait up to 3 months!  We would like to start trying again.  Since my husband and I are teachers, we're trying to time it right. :-)  Thanks again, ladies!

Mommy4Clara
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Most women will have a delayed period after a miscarriage. With my first loss, it took about 6 weeks, even though my cycles are normally 29-30 days. I'm waiting for my first period after my second loss.
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Like the other ladies said a delayed period after a loss is pretty normal and once you do get it back it can take awhile to be back on track. If you haven't gotten it back by the 8 week mark I would give your ob a call. 

Nerys-Kianna
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I don't know. I started taking the pill after my last MC. Before DS2 I had a MC at 9 weeks but we didn't wait til the next cycle, we tried right after it was over again and got pregnant immediately.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:27 AM

6-8 weeks is within normal range.  I'm normally every 28 days.  After my first loss, I got my period on day 30, and after my second loss, I got my period on day 35.  Both of those I had a D&E/D&C....first time bled for 26 days, 12 days with the second. 

Diane1223
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:38 AM
I miscarried on May 1st, 2012, and bleed for 2 weeks. From May 2nd -May 16th. I started my period around June 5 th, so it all took about 5 weeks, plus. When I got my period, in June, it lasted about 10 days. Good luck to you, and praying for you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN