Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Today is tattoo day!! UPDATE with PICTURES!!

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:04 AM
  • 40 Replies
5 moms liked this

I am so freaked out right now! 

I went in a couple weeks ago and put in my deposit & selected a day for my memorial tattoo and that day is finally here!! 

I had it in my head that I would get a memorial tattoo. The thought was very heavy right away....we went on a date & saw the tattoo shop (I found it easily in a local business magazine when I wasn't even looking!!) and talked about designs...cost....etc....

My husband is my biggest supporter. 

But I am freaking out mentally. lol! I keep overthinking it & now I'm being a big chicken....I want to back out...

I changed my design last night! HA! I just wanted a small wrist tattoo. Something that I could cover up with a bracelet if I needed too! Like say, when I'm around my inlaws or my mom who are very against tattoos! 

This is my first tattoo and I never thought I would ever get one! Am I crazy? 

So, I did it. I didn't chicken out. My sweet husband wouldn't let me!! I love it although Henry's full name wouldn't look right as I had chosen so we went with just "H.H" which is cute--I can "fly" my arm in the air as if Henry is soaring above me as God's little copilot. The "Planes theme" were waiting our first son & a red airplane is his symbol in my heart! I'm not against my girls loving planes so I've bought plane stuff for them throughout the years but to really do it right, we needed a son! I am officially an "inked mama"....lol...bittersweet, but having one makes me want another, sort of...like something cute on my ankle or maybe a ring tattoo! For now, one is enough! 

by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on May. 3, 2013 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think you'll regret it. I have a few myself. Not memorial tattoos, but just regular ones! Lol. It's going to be fine. Just take pictures! :)

mommyofnoah208
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I want a memorial tattoo and have wanted one since I lost my son in 2010, i love the idea. Good luck!
Herlache
by Jessie on May. 3, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I have 7 already! I'm itching for another one had it all picked out. Was ready to go get it and got my bfp so it's a happy time to wait then I can get two lol
cristalwolfgirl
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm getting a memorial tattoo and no i don't think you will regret it add long as you love the design. I only get tattoos that Mann something to me. And this was a very difficult time in my life and i want something to remind me what I've been thru and how i got stronger thru all if it. I'm getting a heart that's in fire to represent the pregnancy i lost. (they called it a ring of fire there was no baby buy the baby was in my heart so hence heart of fire and the date. Very simple not overly obvious that was i won't have to explain it to everyone.
TwinkleStars918
by Amanda on May. 3, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I've had a few ideas for a memorial tattoo since I lost my daughter in 2008 but I'm too afraid. I want a little bunny since she was our little bunny. I'm just not sure where to put it.
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on May. 3, 2013 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Your not crazy.  I think a small tattoo is a nice idea and the important thing is if you want to do it and it means something to you.  It's not like a tattoo that you'll regret doing since it is in memory of your angel in heaven. 

Turtledoves
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I don't think you'll ever regret it. I was thinking about getting a tattoo even though I'm definitely not a big tattoo person (I don't have any and never wanted to before) for my angel and decided against it for now. Not because I think I'd regret it ever, just because nothing seems perfect or right yet. Maybe one day when I come across something that works, I'll get something.

mrscruz0509
by on May. 3, 2013 at 4:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

My tattoo. I'm gonna get a second for my second pregnancy loss. Or add to this on not sure yet. Something I will never regret my husband got one as well.
wjpassanante
by on May. 3, 2013 at 4:23 PM
I think that's a great idea. I don't like tattoos for myself but ever since my baby passed I've been thinking of getting one too. I also agree with you on what to call the loss. My baby was 13 weeks and I technically didnt miscarry since he was still inside of me. This pain is unbearable and I just want as many remembrances of my baby as possible. I too am afraid of chickening out if I decide to get a memorial tattoo too. Good luck. I know you'll be so happy when its done.
egal105
by on May. 3, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Good luck.  It will be great and you wont regret it.  Post pictures!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN