Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

my story, 2 angel babies

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:49 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hi, I'm Audrey. I have two angel babies. I'm 21 and only been married about a year.

In Aug-Sept of 2012 my husband and I decided to try for a baby. On Oct 30th we finally got a positive pregnancy test and we were ecstatic. I had my first dr appt 2 weeks later and they did the check up and internal ultra sound and clocked the baby at about 2 weeks smaller then where i thought i should be. Unsure what was exactly happening because i had only had some slight spotting before the appt which the dr said was normal, they had me go in the following week for another ultra sound. When i went back in and they repeated the ultra sound the baby hadn't grown at all except a day and at that point is when the diagnosed me with a missed miscarriage. I decided not to have the d&c because i wanted to miscarriage naturally with whatever hopes i had that it still might work out. Every week from the week of Thanksgiving to the 2nd week in January i went in and had blood work to have my HCG levels check it took that long for my levels to completely go back down to zero. I had no bleeding just some small spotting after i was told i miscarried and with an internal ultra sound at the beginning of Jan 2013 the said my body had naturally reabsorbed that baby, which i didn't even think was possible plus i think its a lil disgusting... anyways, after all that i didnt have even a normal menstrual cycle at all for almost 2 months (beginning of March 2013) so i returned to the dr and they did blood work and found out i have hypothyroidism which is y i miscarried. the dr said with how low it was it was a miracle that i even conceived in the first place. i started what i thought was a normal menstrual cycle the last week in March after starting my medication to level out my thyroid. mind you, my husband and i had not had sex at all but once in the beginning of march because it physically hurt to do anything... 2 days into my menstrual cycle i started hemorrhaging and i waiting over night to see if it would stop and it did not, so i called the dr first thing in the morning and she requested that i come in and have blood work and she prescribed me some pain meds for my cramping. i did as she asked and went to work. 2 hrs later she actually contacted me at work and told me i needed to come back in immediately because she said i was pregnant, which i didn't even think was possible because of everything that had and had not happened the last couple months. they did an internal ultrasound and said that i was already in the process of miscarrying a second time and it was so bad because i hadn't had a d&c with the first miscarriage. so the dr told me i had to have a d&c immediately. i did to control the bleeding and to actually move on because i didnt get to from the first miscarriage.

My  husband and i want to try again but we are both very scared. i don't want to miss our opportunity to actually have one "stick." I know ppl will say that we are young and our lives have just started but we are ready now. the dr said the meds im on have already leveled my thyroid so thats no longer an issue. 

I'm sorry that was so long, I don't have ne one here i can talk to that has been through my situation and my mom passed away when i was 12 yrs old. thank you for listening and I'm so glad i found this site :) embarrassed

by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bailee2b
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:55 PM

This site is amazing and I hope you find the support you need.  I am so sorry for your losses.  I think it is perfectly normal to be scared of finding yourself in the same situation again.  We are all scared of that!  Hugs

TwinkleStars918
by Amanda on May. 3, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Welcome to the group, I am so sorry for your losses.I am also 21 and have been married a year and I have two angels, I lost my daughter in 2008 and I had a miscarriage in 2009. I have found that no one in this group has said anything about my age, though IRL a few have. I have a healthy son now, I was scared and I am sure I didn't breathe until he was born.

Herlache
by Jessie on May. 4, 2013 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry for your losses! You lost your babies it doesn't matter what age you are! You still suffered losses. Hopefully with your levels better you will get pregnant again and have a sticky lil bean! ((hugs))
Angela4boys
by Angela on May. 4, 2013 at 8:57 AM

There is a mama in this group that had the same thing.  Thyroid caused her loss...she's in her 39th week right now, ready for her baby to be born any day.  I know that Pregnancy after loss is scary, having a loss or two, changes everything...but it will be completely worth all that fear when you are holding your precious baby.  (((hugs)) and prayers to you Hun!

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Hugs and I hope you find some help and comfort in this group. Your doc seems helpful and that's a good start. I am sorry bout your losses, its not easy to be pregnant after this. I think you are on the right track; (its one of the things we hate to hear people say..but) its a positive thing that you seem to get pregnant easily and if your losses are thyroid related then that's something very very manageable! Just remember during your next preg to get the thyroid tested every month because your body needs will change. I am sorry about you little angels. Hang in there sweetie
Jules_
by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I am so sorry for you losses. I will be praying for you!  HUGS

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on May. 4, 2013 at 4:51 PM
I'm so sorry for your losses. *hugs*
notjstanothrmom
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 4:57 PM
I'm sorry for your losses. Dont give up though. I would request testing from your doctors and just try being optimistic. I have had 4 losses total and after my first I got pregnant and then had three in a row and I'm now almost 31 weeks. It is SOO hard to try again knowing what can happen but I'm so glad I did.
Mommy4Clara
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I'm so sorry for your losses. I too have lost 2 babies in the last 6 months.

I'm sure with your thyroid under control, you'll be able to have a healthy pregnancy soon.

ajstaz12345
by on May. 18, 2013 at 10:30 PM

thank you all so much for your support!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)