Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Plan B pregnant for 14 weeks; miscarriage , then tumor?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 4:51 PM
  • 6 Replies

My name is Christy,

Over a year and a half ago I suffered a miscarriage at 14 weeks and was extremely devastated. At the time of conception my boyfriend and I were not ready (he was moving out of state, and we were both ready to expand our careers) we took Plan B over the counter almost immediately. I figured okay Plan B will for sure work we took it a few hours after conception. ...but i was surely wrong. Plan B made me extremely ill for days not thinking much of it at the time ; but apparently if you vomit when on Plan B it may not be effective. I have always had irregular periods since I was 9 (unfortunately had my period extremely young)! I knew then I had PCOS and PMDD. Two months went by after taking Plan B and still I had not had my period this was not odd. I decided to take a pregnancy test and all six boxes said I was pregnant! I couldn't believe it! I was happy and confused and didn't know how to tell the father. I wanted to wait until I saw a doctor had ultra sounds and had a plan before I could tell him. By week 13 of the pregnancy I could finally notice my baby belly and it felt so real. I was happy I felt like a mom I was planning names, planning everything for this wonderful child to enter my life. When week 14 arrived I was woken out of bed by severe cramping and nausea. I could barley move the pain was so extreme. When I made it to the bathroom there was blood everywhere. I was clotting severely and went to the hospital to find out I had a miscarriage. My plans my visions for my future of a new life was changed in a split second. I never felt so guilty and sad in my life. Sad to know the father never even got to experience the joy of expecting and losing all in once. I was afraid to tell the father and took months after the miscarriage to finally come clean. He was confused and extremely hostile towards the whole situation and basically hates me and has not talked to me since.

Two months after my miscarriage I had routine check ups with my obgyn to check on my PCOS. Apparently they had discovered one of my sists were expanding larger than normal (golf ball size). After months of hormone treatments and tests the sists grew into a tumor. I was devastated not only did life die inside me but i was indeed dying myself. talk about extreme trauma. I felt so alone and mad at my body for not doing the one thing it was intended to do from the get-co. Why did my body have to attack my rights to conceive and regulate as a women. The tumor was taken out by a laporscopic surgery and was given treatment after to stop the growth completely. I am now tumor free after seven months but still feel   a lot of pain emotionally.

I want a baby now more than ever and feel like crap cause i can no longer conceive. I feel maybe if i never took plan b i would've had a child by now and if i didn't have pcos i would have had been able to conceive again. I am deadly afraid to try to concieve in the future and want to get past my lose. I am afaird to even have intercorse for fear of getting pregnant getting excited and then losing it all over agan. I feel like I am not even a women anymore.

by on May. 8, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on May. 8, 2013 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I am so sorry for your loss and everything you went through. Loosing a baby is hard and it is stressful and scary to try again. Many many women go on to have healthy babies after a loss. Loosing a baby does not make you any less of a woman, there are many things in life we can't control and that baby will always be your baby. I lost my son at about 17 weeks in 2010 and had a healthy baby in Nov 2011, good things can still happen after devestation, it doesnt take away the pain or replace the baby you lost...but happiness happens again! Good luck
Happy_Mcboobs
by on May. 8, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Hi, I am sorry to hear about your loss & that you had to go thru it alone for the most part! I can understand why he would be hurt if you didn't tell him right away. He wasn't at the hospital with you during the mc bleeding? Grieving is a lifelong journey--I can't tell you it gets easier, but you eventually learn how to cope & how to live a "new normal". 

I lost Henry at 19 weeks although he died at 14 weeks--I ended up carrying him around for 4 weeks without knowing he had died! And than another week after I found out at the gender ultrasound! I naturally gave birth at home but hemmoraged & could have died! It's very scary! He was my 5th baby though, my first loss, so I have other kids....I still want Henry but I am afraid....good luck!  

mischris549
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Thanks guys for the support and sharing your stories with me. - I feel very comforted to hear your stories and opinions. I will stay strong for the future :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on May. 9, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Oh wow. I've never heard of Plan B before reading your post. I lost my baby at 16w myself. It's hard. I agree with the other ladies that it doesn't make you less of a woman or anything like that. I'm sorry to hear about the cysts turning into tumors as well. Does your doctor seem to think that after this you will still be able to have children? I know very little about PCOS. There are a few ladies on here who do have that and know much more about it than I do. I'm glad you found this group, the ladies here are awesome. Eventhough our stories are all a little different, they're very much the same at the same time.

gcecelie
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Sorry for your loss. Unless your doc said Plan B caused it, do not beat yourself up! You are going through enough.

It's hard, I know. *hugs*

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on May. 10, 2013 at 12:16 AM

((hugs)) I am sorry for your loss hun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)