Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

need some advice some tmi (piog)

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:05 PM
  • 7 Replies

2-3 weeks ago i went through the pain of suffering a miscarriage. my dr told me after my 1st normal period i would be able to try again. well im not completely sure when ill get my 1st period since i bled straight through those 3 weeks. me and my husband have discussed whether or not to try again soon or wait and hes leaving the decision up to me because he knows i want another baby and i know he does too. i was conflicted on trying again becausse he will be deploying next year and i wanted hm to experience a pregnancy (he missed the whole pregnancy and birth of our dd). right now he is in the field training for said deployment and wont be home til friday. i have tracked my period and ovulation before but because of the miscarriage everything has been screwed up. i believe i could be ovulating now. i have some clear mucous i dont do temps and i havent felt a O pain yet but i was wondering what else could i do to figure out if i am ovulating? i am planning on talking to my dh when he gets home to see what he thinks about getting pregnant so soon. (even though i know he'll be ok with it) and any advice on pregnancy after a miscarriage. TIA

by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Happy_Mcboobs
by on May. 8, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Pregnancy is 9 months so depending on when "next year" he is deploying--I would just go with that as your calendar for when is best. If you feel ready (although do we ever feel ready?) than go for it but you said you want to make sure he is here---it might be a go on the first try or it might take a few cycles....also....you probably haven't had a period yet.... Some women have gotten pregnant within the first 2 and 3 weeks after a loss but most don't have the "first period" until the 6 to 8 week range I believe....I had mine at 6 weeks....and started tracking with that one....

good luck! there is no shame in waiting. It's worth the wait! :) 

Bailee2b
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I ovulated about 2 weeks after d&c.  I had my period 2 weeks after that.  I know when I am ovulating without a doubt.  Since my dd was born it is obvious by the pain in my ovary. You need to do what is right for you and your body.  I have had 1 period so far and I'm going to wait a little to try again.  Good luck!

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs. Emotionally this is a hard choice. After my first 2 miscarriages I tried again instantly and got pregnant on my second cycle both times. After my 3rd loss I needed some time to think things through... All I realized is "ya gotta get pregnant if you want a baby!" Not that that makes this decision any easier. Pregnancy after loss is hard, I really think having your husband there will ease some of that stress. JMO good luck and I'm sorry about your baby
Angela4boys
by Angela on May. 9, 2013 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this

You can use ovulation predictors....they are used much like pregnancy tests, but they don't necessarily tell you if you are ovulating now, they tell you that you will be ovulating within the next 24-48 hours. 

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on May. 9, 2013 at 9:24 AM

This is what I'd suggest as well. Just as a check mainly.

Quoting Angela4boys:

You can use ovulation predictors....they are used much like pregnancy tests, but they don't necessarily tell you if you are ovulating now, they tell you that you will be ovulating within the next 24-48 hours. 

Cal2006
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I have had four losses. I never waited to start trying until now. It is a personal decision. For me, I wish I would have taken some time and healed emotionally before trying again so soon. It was always my decision....I just really wanted a baby. But now that I've taken 3 months before we started....I feel like I should have done that in the beginning.  Do what you feel is right for you. NO ONE could have convinced me to wait after my first two losses...I really wanted a baby and I didn't want to wait. But like I said...I wish I would have. fingers crossed

ashli488
by on May. 9, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Thanks all. i still have to talk to my DH more to see what he thinks or feels. I tried texting him, but he didnt get the full message. I will update more when I can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)