Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

men grieve too

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 1:25 PM
  • 8 Replies

by on May. 10, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on May. 11, 2013 at 12:35 AM
That's true. No one not even DH's family see all his pain and grief but me because I'm the only one he shares it all to.
Angela4boys
by Angela on May. 11, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Oh yea, I know my husband had a really hard time after we lost our first. 

dj_kern
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 3:56 PM

My hubby had a hard time with our second miscarriage.  We were so positive this one was going to happen for us and then to find out i was going to miscarry was aweful.  Tore my husband up and h told his boss he didn't want to be at work and took the rest of the week that i found out off.  The week didn't turn out to be a time of togetherness either.  We had one issue after another.  then he had to go to China for a week and a half starting this past tuesday.  He is better now, but at first he was hurting.

ttsmommy2008
by on May. 11, 2013 at 10:31 PM
My DH has been grieving with me, we're so thankful that we have each other. Whenever we talk about our loss, he cries just as much as I do. Our loss was almost 16 mos ago, but it still hurts. I know it's gotten a little easier to cope with the pain of it, but we'll never 'just get over it' completely.
Sylvia1984
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 11:45 PM

yes they do. my hubby des his best to keep it from me but i know and from time to time he will let it out and i hold him while he does.

jeniemarie
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 3:07 AM
sometimes i feel really glad that my DH never had to deal with this kind of pain. it isnt a pain id wish on anyone. however sometimes i wish he could understand how i feel, especially while i was pregnant with our 2.

watching my friends go through the process of greiving their stillborn daughter has really opened my mind and heart to realize that all men are%t like my exs. men hurt too but society has made men ashamed of their tears and i think they feel they have to be strong for us as well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJs
by on May. 12, 2013 at 1:32 PM
My DH is different. He has a detachment disorder so while it hurt him when it happened he recovers from loss fairly quickly.
smileber
by on May. 12, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I wish my husband would share in my greiving. He closes himself off from it, as he does with all grief.

Like today, I became upset because this is the fourth mother's day he has placed out of his mind. Before, I never really reminded him much about because I expected him to "just know". Slowly but surely, I learned I can't do that. So this one, I reminded him 3-4 times a week for a month. I even reminded him last night. I told him over and over that Mother's Day was important to me and that I wanted to go out to brunch (which he told me he would just make for me because he didn't want to go out) or just, at least, hear "Happy Mother's Day". I woke up this morning to nothing. It hurt so much because instead of expecting and hinting, I told him flat out. When I reminded him that it was mother's day so he should give his mom a call, it opened his eyes that I was really upset. Since then, he has locked himself up in his gamer room playing video games.

What do you ladies do for your men? I know mine is hurting, but I just don't know how to be there for him. It is almost, to me, as if he wants to forget and I just can't. I don't even want to. Those are my babies and I tried so hard for them to just forget about them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)