Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How are you today? May 24

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:27 AM
  • 69 Replies
How are you feeling today? How can we support you?
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
echupko
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this
It's our anniversary today :-) but we don't have any plans! Lol
Angela4boys
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Feeling Annoyed!  I have the WORST UPS DRIVER ever!!!!  I had ordered something, and went and tracked the order last night and see that it said that it was delivered yesterday at 11:23am...ummmmm, no, no it wasn't.  I was here, on the deck, reading at that time, and I certainly would have heard a big ol truck coming down my driveway...and there is no package anywhere around my house.  This isn't the first time I've had issue with UPS here.  Everytime I get tracking info, and it's UPS I cringe. 

Other than that, it's supposed to be a beautiful, dry, sunny, weekend!  Yeahhhh!!  Sunny and 77-79, means we'll be able to get to the lake :)  Although, it would have been really nice to have the sunscreen/bug spray I ordered from Avon, while we were there...grrrr!!!  I hate my UPS driver!

Angela4boys
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:36 AM

In your case, no plans, sounds like a good thing!  And relaxing, LOL

Happy Anniversary!!  happy anniversary

Quoting echupko:

Angela4boys
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:20 AM

UPS package located...I have my sunscreen bug spray, yeahhhh!!  She left the package in my mailbox...UPS.  This driver has not once, but twice thrown packages out on my lawn...and not small packages, like 50-100 pound packages...like pushed them out of the truck on to the lawn.  I've called and reported her before.  UPS was not happy with what I told them, they said there is no excuse...and yet still.  They said regarless of size, it should be left on my porch...Doesn't matter if it's heavy (they have the equipment to move it) or small.  Oh she makes me so mad!  Sorry, huge vent!  LOL!  I do a lot of shopping online, so this is irritating.  BUT most importantly, problem solved.

chicaespana2003
by Steph on May. 24, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Today, when I first came online, I checked my email, and saw an email from my mom labeled "sad news." Immediately I think that something happened to one of my dad Aunt's- not the case. Beau, one of our horses, had passed away during the night/early this morning. Mr. Beau Spangles was 27 yrs old (and would have been 28 come September), a mix breed. My mom was hoping that he would be home when he died, instead he was in the care of my sister (where he has been boarded for a number of years, and used for lessons and shows). I will miss him- crazy old man.

My legs hurt, I think it is from when I went on a 2 mile walk with DD in 33 min. They started hurting yesterday, and they still hurt today- no I haven't taken anything for them, but I may pop some tylenol or advil a little later.

Yesterday was my last day baby sitting my friends lil boy. We were supposed to go to a nearby park and let them play, but shortly after my friend arrived from work, a thunderstorm was rolling in. Because I know her situation (divorced, only getting $30 in child support a month- yeah I know, pathetic, still an open case on custody), I don't really charge her for anything. She had told us that she is offering babysitting services so that DH and I can go out to eat, and she will also provide us a gift card to our desired location.

I informed hubby of this and he responded- your work, your choice, however it will have to be in June, because he is on the road a lot this month. We just need to figure out when, and I have to choose a place. Hubby has suggested (more like hinted) of a place where we had gone to college, so that we can sit on our rock... (okay, I'll confess- we dtd on a rock by the lake). I'm also thinking that if we go up in June, maybe we could also remember our angels at that point (convenient if we are already there).

chicaespana2003
by Steph on May. 24, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a great day!

Quoting echupko:

chicaespana2003
by Steph on May. 24, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I'm glad you were able to find the package. Silly woman (trying to be nice...). Now you can enjoy your trip to the lake a little bit better.

Quoting Angela4boys:

UPS package located...I have my sunscreen bug spray, yeahhhh!!  She left the package in my mailbox...UPS.  This driver has not once, but twice thrown packages out on my lawn...and not small packages, like 50-100 pound packages...like pushed them out of the truck on to the lawn.  I've called and reported her before.  UPS was not happy with what I told them, they said there is no excuse...and yet still.  They said regarless of size, it should be left on my porch...Doesn't matter if it's heavy (they have the equipment to move it) or small.  Oh she makes me so mad!  Sorry, huge vent!  LOL!  I do a lot of shopping online, so this is irritating.  BUT most importantly, problem solved.

echupko
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
That stinks!!! Hopefully it shows up today!!!

And YAY for a beautiful weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting Angela4boys:

Feeling Annoyed!  I have the WORST UPS DRIVER ever!!!!  I had ordered something, and went and tracked the order last night and see that it said that it was delivered yesterday at 11:23am...ummmmm, no, no it wasn't.  I was here, on the deck, reading at that time, and I certainly would have heard a big ol truck coming down my driveway...and there is no package anywhere around my house.  This isn't the first time I've had issue with UPS here.  Everytime I get tracking info, and it's UPS I cringe. 

Other than that, it's supposed to be a beautiful, dry, sunny, weekend!  Yeahhhh!!  Sunny and 77-79, means we'll be able to get to the lake :)  Although, it would have been really nice to have the sunscreen/bug spray I ordered from Avon, while we were there...grrrr!!!  I hate my UPS driver!

Angela4boys
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Aww, I'm sorry about Beau Spangles :( 

Quoting chicaespana2003:

Today, when I first came online, I checked my email, and saw an email from my mom labeled "sad news." Immediately I think that something happened to one of my dad Aunt's- not the case. Beau, one of our horses, had passed away during the night/early this morning. Mr. Beau Spangles was 27 yrs old (and would have been 28 come September), a mix breed. My mom was hoping that he would be home when he died, instead he was in the care of my sister (where he has been boarded for a number of years, and used for lessons and shows). I will miss him- crazy old man.

My legs hurt, I think it is from when I went on a 2 mile walk with DD in 33 min. They started hurting yesterday, and they still hurt today- no I haven't taken anything for them, but I may pop some tylenol or advil a little later.

Yesterday was my last day baby sitting my friends lil boy. We were supposed to go to a nearby park and let them play, but shortly after my friend arrived from work, a thunderstorm was rolling in. Because I know her situation (divorced, only getting $30 in child support a month- yeah I know, pathetic, still an open case on custody), I don't really charge her for anything. She had told us that she is offering babysitting services so that DH and I can go out to eat, and she will also provide us a gift card to our desired location.

I informed hubby of this and he responded- your work, your choice, however it will have to be in June, because he is on the road a lot this month. We just need to figure out when, and I have to choose a place. Hubby has suggested (more like hinted) of a place where we had gone to college, so that we can sit on our rock... (okay, I'll confess- we dtd on a rock by the lake). I'm also thinking that if we go up in June, maybe we could also remember our angels at that point (convenient if we are already there).

Angela4boys
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:21 AM
I know! but I'm glad I have it :)
Quoting chicaespana2003:

I'm glad you were able to find the package. Silly woman (trying to be nice...). Now you can enjoy your trip to the lake a little bit better.

Quoting Angela4boys:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)