Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:04 PM
  • 17 Replies

hey my name is patricia i need help  i ahd a tubes tide four years ago and i came up pregnancy and two week ago the doctor said i was having a miscarriage because of myHCG level is 44 but if i was having a miscarriage will a home pregnancy test still came back saying i was pregnancy. i mean i went to the er the blood work and pee in a cup they im having a child . so can somebody email me and help me with this  and i through if you have a miscarriage they half to do a DNC on you 

by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on May. 29, 2013 at 12:09 PM

It can take a while for the hormones to leave your body so yes until it goes all the way down it is possible to have a positive HPT.  And not all miscarriages do you need a D&C, there are quite a few that they can miscarry naturally without medical assistance.

chicaespana2003
by Steph on May. 29, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a mc on my own, and did not need a D&C. While reading everything you have posted, I have questions. First you stated that your dr was saying you were having a mc because your hcg levels are at 44, what were your levels when you first went in with the pregnancy? Second- about how far along are/were you?

A home pregnancy test will return positive if you have a hcg level that is above 5 (for some tests, others will return positive if over a higher number). Please understand that when your hcg level is below 5, then you are considered to be "no longer pregnant" or "negative" for doctor terms. I've also had an ectopic pregnancy where after the pregnancy was removed they had to ensure that my numbers returned to zero/negative.

If you want to have a D&C that is your decision. Some women choose to have one because they want to know why the loss happened, others choose not to due to fertility complications. Other times a D&C is needed because not everything came out on its own, or a woman is hemorrhaging and dr intervention is needed.

babygirl26692
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:24 PM

so you saying i need to find a other doctor 

Cal2006
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I've had three miscarriages. I tested positive with a HPT for two of them (I didn't bother with the third), even after my doctor told me that I was having a miscarriage.

You don't have to do a D&C. I've had three miscarriages, and only had a D&C for one.

Namaste09
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:29 PM
It can take a bit for your levels to go down. I used cytotec (wouldnt recommend it) an miscarried at home an there are people who wait to naturally miscarry. You don't need to have a D&C.
chicaespana2003
by Steph on May. 29, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I'm not saying that you need to find another doctor, for the moment. I'm just trying to understand why your dr would say that you are having a miscarriage, if he/she only bases on your hcg level.

How many times have you seen this dr for this pregnancy?

Quoting babygirl26692:

so you saying i need to find a other doctor 

babygirl26692
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:30 PM

babygirl26692
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:55 PM

may 20,2013 my HCG was 475

chicaespana2003
by Steph on May. 29, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Okay, so with this added information, you are miscarrying. I'm sorry for your loss. You have a very special angel who tried to defy odds.

Quoting babygirl26692:

may 20,2013 my HCG was 475

babygirl26692
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:24 PM

but im not blooding at all

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)