Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

23andme testing

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:02 PM
  • 6 Replies
Has anyone here done it? I know its a cool thing to do & you can find out a lot, but wondering if anyone has found out anything that possibly caused their loss(s) from it. Thinking of doing it but want to hear positive feedback from real people before I do!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on May. 29, 2013 at 8:28 PM
What testing?
momofcrazypants
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Yes. I think I need more info too. What kind of testing? On you? Is that the question??

nicoleeoh
by on May. 30, 2013 at 2:08 PM
23andme is a website that does saliva testing & can give lots of results on many things. Girls have talked about it in other support groups so I was curious if anyone has done it on here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofnoah208
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:50 PM
I have never heard of it. I would be cautious of it being just a website. Get tested with your dr
nicoleeoh
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:51 PM
I've been tested with numerous doctors.
Everyone who has done the testing has all said positive things about it. You learn more about ancestry, & your risks for heart disease, diabetes etc. They test MTHFR mutations too. However, although you will find a lot of info, you probably won't find the link to your miscarriages from those testings. But its still supposed to be a great insight for people.

Quoting mommyofnoah208:

I have never heard of it. I would be cautious of it being just a website. Get tested with your dr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofcrazypants
by on Jun. 2, 2013 at 10:49 AM

ohhhhh....I've never heard of it. I think most people on here get testing done through their doctors. I will look at it though. Interesting.

Quoting nicoleeoh:

23andme is a website that does saliva testing & can give lots of results on many things. Girls have talked about it in other support groups so I was curious if anyone has done it on here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)