Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How are you today? May 31

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:53 AM
  • 48 Replies
How are you feeling today? How can we support you?
by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
echupko
by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:54 AM
Teaching this morning then taking the boys to spend the day at my grandparents :-)
LilysMommy813
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:06 AM
First day back at work tonight. It's going to be hard. The longer I go without getting the baby I desperately want the harder it is for me to see women get theirs. I'll have to take patient who's not going to deliver on my shift.
Angela4boys
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:37 AM

Good luck!  Sounds fun for the boys!

Quoting echupko:

Teaching this morning then taking the boys to spend the day at my grandparents :-)

Angela4boys
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Quoting LilysMommy813:

First day back at work tonight. It's going to be hard. The longer I go without getting the baby I desperately want the harder it is for me to see women get theirs. I'll have to take patient who's not going to deliver on my shift.

Good luck Hun! 

chicaespana2003
by Steph on May. 31, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Somehow I let it slip out of my mind, but yesterday my in-laws put down their standard poodle "Moriah." She was 12.5 yrs old, and she had some tumors on her body that increased (greatly) in size in the course of one month. She had gone to the vet's last month and was given some meds for her tumors (one of which was open and infected). DD is going to be searching all over the house the next time we go looking for her 4 legged buddy. My in-laws most likely will not be getting another dog. DH commented that maybe we should get a dog (but that of course means that it will have to be a poodle or half-poodle- FIL is allergic to dogs).

I spoke with my sister yesterday, and discovered that she is going through a rough patch with her hubby- so please just send a prayer her way. Thank you in advance!

Yesterday I tried a "new" slow cooker recipe for pork tenderloin. It called for 1.5 lbs of tenderloin (washed and patted dry) and then rubbed with a mixture of .5 tsp ground black pepper, 1 tst garlic powder, 1 tsp cinnamon), then placed in the cooker, add 1 cup of water or apple juice (or a combo of the two) and cook for 1.5 hrs or until an internal temp of 160 F. I think it was supposed to be cooked on high for 1.5 hrs, but I tried cooking it on low for 3 hrs. I think it needs to cook longer. It was good- a lil "spicy" in areas where there may have been more pepper. DH prefers the other way I cook it (in the oven with bread crumbs, parm cheese mixture).

This morning, DH was up at the "crack of dawn" to get ready to go to work (early). He is planning on working late, because he is behind on stuff that the partners want. Just as he was getting the "finishing touches" for heading out the door, DD woke up, so he got her out of the crib, changed her diaper and put her on the floor. She eventually found her way into the bed with me- bittersweet moments, because most of the time she was good, and other times I got kicked in the stomach, had my hair stood on...

I'm hoping today is cooler than yesterday- but again, wishful thinking. They are calling for temps as high as 90F and tomorrow it is supposed to t-storm... maybe hubby and I can enjoy a day out w/o dd. I would like to take him to one of his favorite eateries, and then afterwards go to a wholesale club (Sam's to be exact).

Herlache
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Have fun!

Quoting echupko:

Herlache
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:53 AM
That's got to be a tough line of work after what you went through! Hope your shift goes by fast.

Quoting LilysMommy813:

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on May. 31, 2013 at 8:31 AM

That sounds like a nice day :)

Quoting echupko:

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on May. 31, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Good luck!  I hope it goes alright for you. 

Quoting LilysMommy813:

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on May. 31, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Aww I'm sorry.  Can you warn her or tell her now?  I hope things get better with your sister.  Both ways sound good :)

My DS2 snuck in my bed too.  Hope you can enjoy some time with your hubby :)

Quoting chicaespana2003:

Somehow I let it slip out of my mind, but yesterday my in-laws put down their standard poodle "Moriah." She was 12.5 yrs old, and she had some tumors on her body that increased (greatly) in size in the course of one month. She had gone to the vet's last month and was given some meds for her tumors (one of which was open and infected). DD is going to be searching all over the house the next time we go looking for her 4 legged buddy. My in-laws most likely will not be getting another dog. DH commented that maybe we should get a dog (but that of course means that it will have to be a poodle or half-poodle- FIL is allergic to dogs).

I spoke with my sister yesterday, and discovered that she is going through a rough patch with her hubby- so please just send a prayer her way. Thank you in advance!

Yesterday I tried a "new" slow cooker recipe for pork tenderloin. It called for 1.5 lbs of tenderloin (washed and patted dry) and then rubbed with a mixture of .5 tsp ground black pepper, 1 tst garlic powder, 1 tsp cinnamon), then placed in the cooker, add 1 cup of water or apple juice (or a combo of the two) and cook for 1.5 hrs or until an internal temp of 160 F. I think it was supposed to be cooked on high for 1.5 hrs, but I tried cooking it on low for 3 hrs. I think it needs to cook longer. It was good- a lil "spicy" in areas where there may have been more pepper. DH prefers the other way I cook it (in the oven with bread crumbs, parm cheese mixture).

This morning, DH was up at the "crack of dawn" to get ready to go to work (early). He is planning on working late, because he is behind on stuff that the partners want. Just as he was getting the "finishing touches" for heading out the door, DD woke up, so he got her out of the crib, changed her diaper and put her on the floor. She eventually found her way into the bed with me- bittersweet moments, because most of the time she was good, and other times I got kicked in the stomach, had my hair stood on...

I'm hoping today is cooler than yesterday- but again, wishful thinking. They are calling for temps as high as 90F and tomorrow it is supposed to t-storm... maybe hubby and I can enjoy a day out w/o dd. I would like to take him to one of his favorite eateries, and then afterwards go to a wholesale club (Sam's to be exact).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)