Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are d&c done in general surgery

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:55 AM
  • 19 Replies
Yesterday, was my d&c the people were all so pleasant. But they keep acting like I was there to have a mole removed. They were all smiles and saying good things. I really just wanted to scream do you know why I'm here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cheetah90210
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Because they want to cheer u up that's all my dr. Is that way
Angela4boys
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I had one done under general at the hospital, and one done in office with a Valium and local anesthetic.  At the hospital the nurses were all really sweet, and cheery...in the office, they were much more somber, in a symathetic way. 
I did love my nurses at the hospital, they were very nurturing and kind. 

So how are you feeling Hun.  I'm assuming the procedure went as well as it could go?  (((hugs)))

dfournier0922
by Member on May. 31, 2013 at 8:22 AM
The staff were all so happy. Kid in a candy store happy. One actually came in and said its a beautiful day. She said its a good thing I get out early so I can enjoy it. It what world would that happen.

It seemed like annoyed them when I said I wanted to keep the remains. You would've thought asked for the world.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I'm glad you advocated for that.  Over and over I find they tell people it's against policy...I think it must be more red tape for them or something. 

Quoting dfournier0922:

The staff were all so happy. Kid in a candy store happy. One actually came in and said its a beautiful day. She said its a good thing I get out early so I can enjoy it. It what world would that happen.

It seemed like annoyed them when I said I wanted to keep the remains. You would've thought asked for the world.

dfournier0922
by Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:08 AM
I told them if I didn't get them I wouldn't have the procedure. I refused to sign consent until I was given the form to keep the remains.

Quoting Angela4boys:

I'm glad you advocated for that.  Over and over I find they tell people it's against policy...I think it must be more red tape for them or something. 

Quoting dfournier0922:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Good for you Hun!

Quoting dfournier0922:

I told them if I didn't get them I wouldn't have the procedure. I refused to sign consent until I was given the form to keep the remains.

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting dfournier0922:

Herlache
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:24 AM
I'm glad the procedure went well! I think it's one of those things where they don't know how to act because of what kind of procedure it is. So they put on their happy faces like they are trained. Some are just better at their jobs than others. I'm sorry hun! ((hugs))
dfournier0922
by Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:28 AM
I'm really starting to believe in larger cities that their should be an advocate to help women in the hospitals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofnoah208
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I am sorry, that is so hard :(

Happy_Mcboobs
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I had mine in general. The staff was somber & nice....I didn't see any "happy people".....although, I was sort of in a trance....I was wheeled into the room & immediately my head started playing out a scene from Grey's Anatomy & I went to my place of calm & it was so quick that I went under that I didn't have time to be scared anymore. Love my Grey's! 

The only nurse I had issues was my charge nurse. She was so SLOW with the paperwork & than she hadn't even checked me & wanted to push cytotec up my REAR! Than she told us our baby was a girl because I wanted to know before the D&C....but our baby was actually a boy. She was awkward after that. Very weird. I was glad to be rid of her but I she was my discharge nurse too. She wheeled me down & someone was putting a new baby in their car--and she didn't turn me away so I had to watch! boo! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)