Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I guess I will start by introducing myself

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:04 AM
  • 6 Replies
My name is Ashley, I am 25 years old. This pregnancy was a big surprise for my DH and I, but a very happy one. We got the BFP on May 7th and confirmed at the OB May 8th. We had my first prenatal appointment on May 21st. On the US there was a perfect little round sac. On May 23rd I headed to San Francisco, California on vacation with my family. on May 25th I started spotting. On May 26th we drove from San Francisco to Napa, California. That afternoon I started bleeding heavily every time I went to the bathroom and I passed two clots. Even though my OB, FIL (who is an ER physician), and DH reassured me that it's not uncommon to bleed at this stage, I knew the worst was happening. The next day, May 27th (my 25th birthday) the bleeding had stopped and I was just spotting again and continued for the next couple days. I got back home late at night on May 29th. The next morning on May 30th I went back to the OB. She did a vaginal exam, said my cervix was closed and only saw brown discharge, so things were looking good. Then we did an US and I didn't see that perfect little circle on the screen. All the US technician asked me is if I passed something, and I said some clots. The OB came talk to me and she said that it looks like a miscarriage in progress and they took some blood to look at my HCG levels. She called me back that afternoon to confirm that my levels were just 56. My sweet little Baby Davis is gone. I believe baby Davis passed away on May 26th at five weeks and one day. I don't know what to do now, I don't know what to expect, but I am glad I have my DH and you ladies for support. I included some photos in the replies...
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
chicaespana2003
by Steph on May. 31, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I'm sorry for you loss. 

Take the time you need to grieve or collect your thoughts. We are here for you.

((hugs))

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I am sorry for your loss. Take your time to grieve. Don't let people rush you, don't let anyone bully you into thinking this baby wasn't "real" and you are wrong for missing it, grieving. Hugs, we are here if you need to talk, I couldn't have made it through my losses without these ladies
blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on May. 31, 2013 at 10:58 AM
I'm sorry for your loss.
acb4415
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Below is the photo of our BFP. That morning we were surprised, scared, excited and so hopful for our future with Baby Davis.

Below is the photo of our US. It is the only picture I have of Baby Davis.

Below is the photo that we were going to make our pregnancy announcement with, it was actually taken on May 27th, but we didn't know the baby had already passed, but I love this photo and I am glad we have it as a memorial of our baby.

LilysMommy813
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:44 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss, those are beautiful pictures to have.
mommyofnoah208
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I am very sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and welcome to the group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)