Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

I had my miscarriage last Sept. Before the mc, I was ready and wanted another baby. Then losing the baby made me reconsider everything I thought I knew.

Now here we are, just a few weeks past what would have been my due date and dh is talking about ttc again. But now, I just don't know if I'm ready to have another child. Ds is 5 1/2, getting ready to start k in the fall and I'm ready to have some freedom and get back to being ME again. 

Dh and I always said that we would have at least 2 children because we both grew up being an only child and feel we missed out on something. I DO want to have another child but I just don't know if I'm ready to start all over again. I go back and forth with this decision daily..one minute I'm like you know what, this is what I want. This will make our family complete and we will all be so happy to have another child in our family. Then an hour later I feel like NO, I am not ready. Our little family is perfect right now. Ds is a great kid, we have our routine down, we can go out and do things that we couldn't when he was smaller and it's easy. Adding another child will make things hard and complicated again.

But I want a baby SO bad at the same time. As you can tell from my post...I am SERIOUSLY confused. I've been going back and forth for months and just don't know what to do. Part of me feels like maybe the mc was a sign that we shouldn't do this, that we're not ready. But I just don't know.....

:-(

by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Replies (11-13):
michellej428
by Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:17 PM

thank you <3

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Hugs, no advice, but I hope you find peace. GL honey

michellej428
by Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:21 PM

This is a very good point.  God willing, I have a lot of life ahead of me. And I remember when I was pregnant with ds (i was 19) how upset I was that I was going to miss out on all of the fun things and having freedom. but then when he was born, that stuff was the furthest thing from my mind. I wanted to be home, I wanted to spend every waking moment with my gorgeous little boy. Reading what you said turned on a light, thank you SO much. I think I know what I want to do :) fingers crossed my decision sticks <3

Quoting Angela4boys:

My feeling, and this is just me, not what I think is good for everyone... I will have plenty if me time one day... This is my fertile time, and I need to take advantage of this season of life...

Diane1223
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:13 AM
I am sorry! I hope you feel
Better soon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)