Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Am I worrying over nothing? (preg. mentioned) Update :/ Update 2 :)

Posted by   + Show Post

Last Tuesday(6/4) I went in for an u/s and the technician couldn't say for certain but she said she thinks she seen a gestational sac. When I got my hcg levels in from the Friday(5/31) before they were only at 357, I was retested this Friday(6/7) and they are now up to 6,193. Well today I went in for another u/s I got to see the sac and a flicker but the technician said she couldn't be sure it was the heartbeat. She tried to measure it and got 114-120bpm, she also told me she wasn't able to estimate my due date.

The technician last week told me my hcg needed to be higher than 1,000 to estimate due date and the lady today said I need to be over 10,000. I'm confused because from what I've read hcg levels are suppose to double every 2-3 days which should have put me over 10,000 by today's appointment. I am trying not to worry I really hope our bean sticks and is our rainbow baby we are hoping for.

Any info. or advice would be grateful thanks in advance ladies!

Yesterday I went in for another u/s and it is clear that my baby is growing, but the technician had an attitude and was very rude. I asked her how far along I measured and if the heartbeat was normal and all she said was "all my work will be generated into a report and sent to your doctor to review". That being the doctor that took a whole week just to get my hcg levels back to me. 

Once I get DH's schedule I will be looking for an actual OBGYN but until then I must wait for this doctor to call me to find out any information. It is so frusterating dealing with someone who doesn't understand.

I finally got the news I've been waiting for. Our rainbow baby seems fine according to the last u/s our baby's heartbeat was 138bpm and measuring 6w6d I've done the math and my bundle of joy is due to arrive on Feb. 7th.

Thank you all for the help, support and kind words! I start seeing a new doctor next month and I'm really hoping for much better care there then I've been receiving.

by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Replies (21-25):
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Great news! We will all be praying and cheering!
mommyofnoah208
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats! That is wonderful!
chicaespana2003
by Steph on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats! Best wishes over the next 33+ wks!

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad everything is A-ok! My due date is 2/3! We're pretty close.

Jess0915
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay for good news!!! I'm due Feb 5th. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)