Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Do you have a good relationship with your mom?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:44 AM
  • 22 Replies

Do you have a good relationship with your mom? Was she there for you during your loss?

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Herlache
by Jessie on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:37 AM
2 moms liked this
I had a good relationship with her until my loss. I was crying for my baby and she told me I was being a bad mom to my dd because I was crying for something that wasn't real! Then she called the cops saying I was suicideal so they put me in a mental hospital for the 72 hr hold. I was not suicideal I was grieving my baby that was real. Even the shrinks said it was normal to cry. I think if she would have just left me alone for awhile after getting out I would have just let it go but then she threatened to sue me for custody of dd. So I refuse to have anything to do with her. It may sound harsh but my family comes first.
DavonnaC
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:52 AM

My mom was pretty decent for my loss. But she keptpesting me to visit and help with bible school right after and I didn't feel like leaving. Now my mil was awful. She kept asking me about why I didn't get a d&c and told my dh that he wasn't mentally ready to be a dad anyway.  

dfournier0922
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:08 AM
My mom has her downfall. We have had falling outs. But everytime I really needed her, she has been there. She was there when my first sons heart rate dropped and was demanding they did something. She was there as I had my second. And now as I deal with the loss of this pregnancy. She lost her third at the number of weeks. She has been the person who has helped the most. Regardless of the bad times I always know who I can turn too when I really need someone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommytoaangel
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:14 AM
My mom is awsome she made 3am trips to the hospitial to pick me an dh up she was there at 8am crying right with me after i lost my sons she helped plan there funreal i can call an talk to her anytime i want she is my best freind an my mom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cal2006
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:37 AM

My mom is a rock. She was there for me the whole way through my cerclage surgery to try and prevent what became the delivery of my first angel. She was there through the delivery and she stayed and held my baby (when I couldn't). She has been with me through every loss since. She works in the nursey of a hospital (and prior to tha she as a labor and deliery nurse) so she helped with the nurses and knew what was going on. I am so blessed to have my mom as my mom. I know that many women are not as lucky to have a supportive mom. 

Cal2006
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:41 AM

I don't think it sounds harsh. I have a great relationship with my mother, but not my father. I have cut off all ties to him because he isn't good for me or my family.

Quoting Herlache:

I had a good relationship with her until my loss. I was crying for my baby and she told me I was being a bad mom to my dd because I was crying for something that wasn't real! Then she called the cops saying I was suicideal so they put me in a mental hospital for the 72 hr hold. I was not suicideal I was grieving my baby that was real. Even the shrinks said it was normal to cry. I think if she would have just left me alone for awhile after getting out I would have just let it go but then she threatened to sue me for custody of dd. So I refuse to have anything to do with her. It may sound harsh but my family comes first.

Rosebud27aj
Come on 2nd Trimester!
Yesterday at 2:44 PM
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Yes, I have a very good relationship with her. She was there during my loss and helped me quite a bit.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Kind of yes, we are pretty close.  But with my loss she almost acted like she was hurting more than be so I withdrawled from her a bit when I was going through lossing my daughter.  I was sick of it being all about her.

mommyofnoah208
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Yes we do, dont see eachother that much. Yes she was there at the hospital a lot with me
TwinkleStars918
by Amanda on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Not at all. I moved out at 16 and found out I was pregnant about a week later and she refused to believe I was pregnant and after I lost my daughter she went back and forth between saying it was made up and saying that god wanted my baby to die and telling me my loss hurt her worse, even though she was not there for my entire pregnancy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)