I had my ultrasound and genetics appt today and it was not good. Basically the dr said there is no amniotic fluid & then he checked the kidneys. He said the baby has polysistic kidneys. Both kidneys have cysts. He offered me a number to terminate and make further planning im 18 weeks & 4 days & I dont know what to do.He said the babys kidneys are shutdown & there is no chance whataoever. It saddens me but this is my reality I dont feel my baby & although my body is nurturing until the very end i know no matter what I do he will not survive. Im so scared but I cannot carry full term knowing that he will die after holding him. This is not a docs first opinion we waited it out hoping his cyst would die down or that his kidneys would work but his kidneys have shutdown. I know im being given 2 choices carry fullterm & watch my baby die or remove pregnancy...
My first pregnancy.. im so scared
on Jun. 13, 2013 at 3:10 AM