Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Moving on after second miscarriage

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:21 AM
  • 5 Replies

This past week was the due date for my second baby, which I lost to miscarriage just like my first. I was 19 for my first miscarriage, and I am now 22. I didn't know how to handle my first one, but this one was even more difficult, feeling even more empty.  But I cannot let myself to be depressed. There is too much good in the world. 

SO to deal with our loss, we got a puppy! At first it felt like giving up, but then we talked about it and I realized I just couldn't put my body through it again right now. But I needed something to hold that was mine, to love me unconditionally. Even better is that my man and I can now call each other mommy and daddy, the titles we have always wanted.

One day we will have the big family we want, but for today, our 16 week old Puggle Harvey will have to do :)

Anyone else do this?

~Lizzy~

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
acb4415
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I started getting baby fever about 2 years ago, but DH and I knew we wanted to wait for kids (I was in grad school at the time and he is still finishing his internship to get licensed. About 1.5 yrs ago I finially found the perfect dog that I wanted to adopt, but there was a catch, she was bonded to her sister and they would only adopt them together and we were in a tiny appartment at the time. 1 year ago we moved into our house and made the decision that we would give them both a home. They have been such a blessing in my life. I had my first pregnancy in April and we lost the baby 5 weeks and one day later. My dogs have been such a help to me by giving me love and just cuddling with me. So I didn't get them after, but my fur babies are definitley part of my healing process.

Jolie and Evangeline (my girls)

Lets see a picture of your dog!

canadianmommy4
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I  am so sorry for your losses. This is great that your two got puppie. :) My husband and I did the same after my first m/c. It was a great Idea she is a big part of our world. 

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jun. 13, 2013 at 5:47 PM

((hugs)) i'm so sorry for your losses hun.  

Irene1923
by Tina on Jun. 13, 2013 at 5:55 PM
I am so sorry for your losses. I also lost my first two pregnancies and my pup played a huge role in helping me begin to heal. She has been a source of unwaivering love and affection when everything else seemed so frail. And knowing she needed me too helped so much as well. I hope Harvey can help you heal.
Lizzy128
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:54 PM

This is our Harvey! I love him to pieces, and thank you all. He really is a big help in dealing with all of this. He is currently 16 weeks old. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN