Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How are you today? June 17

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:48 AM
  • 36 Replies
How are you feeling today? How can we support you?
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
echupko
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:48 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm good. Typical busy Monday :-)
Iluvmyshortcake
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:08 AM
Tired from a busy weekend!! Friday I was visiting w my gma and 2nd cousin who were here from the Carolina's and sat we had memorial service for my great aunt and then we had a bday bash for me and my SO and his sister. There bday was the 15th and mines the 22nd so we just have one big ass party!! And then we was at my aunts for a big Father's Day tthing all day. Lol I'm ready for a nap!
Angela4boys
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Quoting Iluvmyshortcake:

Tired from a busy weekend!! Friday I was visiting w my gma and 2nd cousin who were here from the Carolina's and sat we had memorial service for my great aunt and then we had a bday bash for me and my SO and his sister. There bday was the 15th and mines the 22nd so we just have one big ass party!! And then we was at my aunts for a big Father's Day tthing all day. Lol I'm ready for a nap!
Sounds fun! And exhausting, LOL!
Cal2006
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I'm sad. I turned down my dream job, because of their leave policies. If I had been able to carry my sweet Callie to term, or my first two miscarriages for that matter....I would have been able to accept that job. I would be free of the employer that feels like my warden..

I feel trapped, because I realize that I won't probably get the benefits I have with my employer elsewhere in my area....so I'm stuck here until I have a baby. Oh and AF started yesterday, so I'm not pregnant now either.    Just a tough go of it right now...it'll get better tomorrow.

chicaespana2003
by Steph on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Doing okay. Had a weekend where I tried to allow hubby to do whatever he wanted. Went well for the most part (except for when I got sick...), DD gave daddy 2 cars to play with (okay- she wants to play with them) on Friday, Saturday I gave DH some Nutter Butter bars, and we also worked on our hedges; then I went to get some groceries while he watched DD and I brought home lunch (subs- he got the one he likes). While I was out, DH had put DD on the potty and gave her a book and her "space." She when pee-pee! Oh the joys of potty trianing- we are not pushing her, but happy she is interested in the potty. Had lunch and then DD needed a nap so we put her down, and then DH and I started to watch a movie (then I got sick...), we were not able to finish the movie because DD woke up, and she cant watch the movie (The Jackel- not kid friendly). DH then started working on picking up the 1/2 bath downstairs by removing the floor tile (stick on), and the sink, while I tried to nap. Later after DD went to bed, we finished the movie.

On sunday, I made DH choc chip pancakes for breakfast, we went to church, and then after church we went looking for a bathroom vanity, because DH has never seen a pedasal sink so difficult to put in before. We looked at a bargin outlet, and didn't find anything that was within our budget, and headed home. I made lunch (pizza- using a "wierd" low round loaf of bread with cheese on top, that the church had gotten from Panera Bread- VERY YUMMY), and then we went out to Lowes and Home Depot looking for more vanities. Found one at Home Depot (with the sink top included), and picked up a faucet, towel ring, tp roll holder, a mirror, tubing to connect the sink to the wall, "liquid nail" stuff, and a trap kit- all for $150- oh yeah we found good deals!
Then for dinner we went to hubby's parents to celebrate fathers day some more, and had more pizza for dinner, at least this time we had some salad to go with it. For desert they had cake with cream cheese frosting, apple pie, cool whip (for the pie) and strawberry ice cream. All very good (i think- i didn't have the cake).

We've had some rainy weather, but it has been nice. Hoping it continues to be kinda nice. Also hoping I can read some of the book "An Empty Cradle A Full Heart" that my pastor gave me.

Angela4boys
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:44 AM

hugs

Quoting Cal2006:

I'm sad. I turned down my dream job, because of their leave policies. If I had been able to carry my sweet Callie to term, or my first two miscarriages for that matter....I would have been able to accept that job. I would be free of the employer that feels like my warden..

I feel trapped, because I realize that I won't probably get the benefits I have with my employer elsewhere in my area....so I'm stuck here until I have a baby. Oh and AF started yesterday, so I'm not pregnant now either.    Just a tough go of it right now...it'll get better tomorrow.

Angela4boys
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Sounds like a really nice weekend :)

Quoting chicaespana2003:

Doing okay. Had a weekend where I tried to allow hubby to do whatever he wanted. Went well for the most part (except for when I got sick...), DD gave daddy 2 cars to play with (okay- she wants to play with them) on Friday, Saturday I gave DH some Nutter Butter bars, and we also worked on our hedges; then I went to get some groceries while he watched DD and I brought home lunch (subs- he got the one he likes). While I was out, DH had put DD on the potty and gave her a book and her "space." She when pee-pee! Oh the joys of potty trianing- we are not pushing her, but happy she is interested in the potty. Had lunch and then DD needed a nap so we put her down, and then DH and I started to watch a movie (then I got sick...), we were not able to finish the movie because DD woke up, and she cant watch the movie (The Jackel- not kid friendly). DH then started working on picking up the 1/2 bath downstairs by removing the floor tile (stick on), and the sink, while I tried to nap. Later after DD went to bed, we finished the movie.

On sunday, I made DH choc chip pancakes for breakfast, we went to church, and then after church we went looking for a bathroom vanity, because DH has never seen a pedasal sink so difficult to put in before. We looked at a bargin outlet, and didn't find anything that was within our budget, and headed home. I made lunch (pizza- using a "wierd" low round loaf of bread with cheese on top, that the church had gotten from Panera Bread- VERY YUMMY), and then we went out to Lowes and Home Depot looking for more vanities. Found one at Home Depot (with the sink top included), and picked up a faucet, towel ring, tp roll holder, a mirror, tubing to connect the sink to the wall, "liquid nail" stuff, and a trap kit- all for $150- oh yeah we found good deals!
Then for dinner we went to hubby's parents to celebrate fathers day some more, and had more pizza for dinner, at least this time we had some salad to go with it. For desert they had cake with cream cheese frosting, apple pie, cool whip (for the pie) and strawberry ice cream. All very good (i think- i didn't have the cake).

We've had some rainy weather, but it has been nice. Hoping it continues to be kinda nice. Also hoping I can read some of the book "An Empty Cradle A Full Heart" that my pastor gave me.

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Sounds busy but fun!
Quoting chicaespana2003:

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Big Hugs! I am sorry. I tried to reply to your job post, but kept getting thrown off. I was wondering what you decided. Hugs
Quoting Cal2006:

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Happy Birthday to everyone! and I am glad you had so much fun
Quoting Iluvmyshortcake:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)