Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Books- I got one from my pastor, any others you would suggest?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:58 AM
  • 4 Replies

Yesterday at church, my pastor handed me a medium envelope with a book inside. The book inside is titled "An Empty Cradle A Full Heart." I started reading it yesterday, and got through the forward, the note from the author and the first reflection; when I decided to stop reading it- it was Father's Day.

I am anticipating that it will be a huge tear jerker, but I am hoping that this may help me grieve as well.

I fully understand that not all of you ladies are religious, but as I read through it, some may find comfort through the reflections- or even some of the scriptures, if they touch your heart.

I did a quick check to see how much the book costs, and it can be purchased on Amazon for about $9, or at Target (some locations?) for $11.

What books have you read that have helped you- or are you still looking for "that" book?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Angela4boys
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I got one from the hospital in my take home stuff, that would have been great to have the moment I found out he had died.  Just really walks through options, and things to think about, so you don't have regrets, or ways to deal with your feelings, Called Empty Arms: Coping After Miscarriage, Stillbirth and Infant Death, by Sherokee Isle.  Now had I had it prior to the induction, would I have read it, I don't know, I was in such shock, and I don't know if I would have been able to concentrate or focus on anything I read...but it definitely would have been a good tool.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I liked reading "Heaven is for Real" that really moved me.

acb4415
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I have read "All That is Seen and Unseen: A Journey Through a First Trimester Miscarriage" It was good, it validated all my feeling about what I was going through. It was a little long (it is a journal of the author's experiences) but there were some great resources at the end of the book. I am in the middle of reading "I Never Held You: Miscarriage, Grief, Healing, and Recovery" It is a devotional with a different stage of grief for each chapter and each chapter has a bible verse and prayer and place to write your thoughts. I would 100% recommend this for someone who is very spiritual. I also bought "In the Company of Angels: A Memorial Book" It is a baby book for angel babies. I didn't start filling it in. I feel like I want fill it in with my DH, so maybe we will get a chance next weekend. I definitely want to read more books I heard "There Was Supposed To Be a Baby", "Grieving the Child I Never Knew" and "Love Letters to Miscarried Moms: Written in the midst of my grief so that you will not be alone in yours" were also good... they are on my list to get next. 

Amigajen
by Jen on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I got several books as well, some I recognized that you both have mentioned.. One that I really enjoyed was called "Baby Dust" by Deanna Roy...  It follows a group of women through their journies of m/c... I related most to that book b/c it validated a lot of the felines I was having thru both of my m/c.  Got it for dirt cheap on Amazon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)