Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Story

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:43 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hello,

I joined this site to share my story and get some feedback on my current situation.

After having a  gut feeling that I was pregnant, even though I had not yet missed a period, I took 4 positive pregnancy tests on June 6. I called my doctor the next morning to make an appt. because I had been spotting for the last 4 days. I had bloodwork done June 7 with HCG levels of 3,424. This was my first pregnancy, and although it came as a bit of a shock to my boyfriend and I, we immediately accepted the news and were excited to start planning the next chapter of our lives. Since my levels were high, I was able to go for an ultrasound on Monday June 10.  They did not see much on the ultrasound, which I assumed was because I was not even 4 weeks along yet, and because I was still bleeding they sent me to do more bloodwork and found that my levels dropped from 3,424 to 1,500. I was devestated when the doctor said I was having a miscarriage. For the last 3 weeks I have been getting blood work done and my levels have been dropping, which the doctor said was a good sign since he was worried about ectopic pregnancy. The bleeding finally stopped on June 22, but my levels are still not <5. Also on June 22, I think I started ovulating but have read that it is almost impossible for that to happen.

Thank you for reading my story!

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:08 PM
I am very sorry for your loss
chicaespana2003
by Steph on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

It is very possible to ovulate before your levels are below 5- I was one of them. I had an ectopic so they needed to ensure my levels continued to drop, and by my 2nd wk post op, I had ovulated. The day my baby was removed, my hcg was 845, and at wk 1 post op it was 17. At wk 2 i had an hcg level of 3, but I had ovulated prior to my appointment.

When I had my mc, prior to the ectopic, they never did any blood work, just 2 u/s. One the day I found out I was preg and baby was not alive, and then the second when I came in for a follow up (I natually passed the baby on my own) to make sure things were cleared out (or mostly).

I don't know if any of this will help you, but please know it is okay if you ovulate when your hcg levels haven't fallen below 5 yet. The dr's concern at this point is if the numbers start going up, which could indicate a new pregnancy, or some left behind tissue might be doing something "bad."

Write down any question you have, so that when you see your dr, you can ask them. I did that for almost all of my appointments once I had my mc, I hardly wrote down questions for my first pregnancy- I placed a lot of trust in the dr's because I thought they knew what they were doing, and would tell me things I should know (not the case).

I'm guessing at this point, they are just drawing blood and sending you on your way, and you are not seeing your dr. If you can call your dr office and speak with a nurse, ask them your questions. They will do their best to answer you- however some receptionists may field the call and leave a note for a nurse/dr to call you back.

I hope you don't have to be a pin coushin much longer!

Angela4boys
by Angela on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:13 PM
I am sorry for your loss (((hugs)))
Cal2006
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry for your losshugs

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:49 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. It could be possible.
ellery19
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. It is nice to talk to someone who understands! If my levels do in fact rise due to new pregnancy should I be worried or is it highly possible that everything will be just fine? I plan on asking the doctor all of these questions at my next appt. It is just so hard to be patient and the office probably knows my voice by now after all of the times I have called in the last 2 weeks!
acb4415
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:24 AM
So sorry for your loss. It could be possible that you ovulated. If you are not going to conceive right away, then you should use protection. Let us know if you have other questions.
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I'm so sorry.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:02 PM

((hugs)) I am so sorry for your loss hun.  

ellery19
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi guys, I have another question for everyone! Today, a week after the bleeding stopped and I was sure i was ovulating, I began spotting. It is a very little amount and has only happened today, but was wondering if this has happened to any of you. I plan on going to the doctor on Monday to see if everything is ok. Is it possible that I could be pregnant again and it is implantation bleeding or could it just be leftover from the m/c? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)