Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

We chose a name for our babies

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:57 AM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

It's been bothering me, not knowing if there was one baby or two so I went to the doctor for a follow up a appointment today and asked him about it. He told me even though a second heartbeat was never seen he was 98% sure it started off as a twin pregnancy. He was very kind and talked with me for a long time. Physically I'm back to normal but my heart is still so broken! I told my husband I wanted them to have names. So after looking and thinking we chose Alohanani and Priyasha. They look very long and complicated for such small babies but they have great meaning. Alohanani is hawaiian and means beautiful love. We wanted gender neutral names but when I found Priyasha it was just so perfect. Priyasha is an Indian name that means beautiful hope(it's a girls name). We plan on planting trees from them next spring. These babies were so loved and they brought a short stint of beautiful hope for me during a time I really needed it! I'm crushed I coudn't keep them but they were a good reminder for me of the beautiful hope and love that is around me and the beautiful hope and love that I have yet to discover and enjoy! Physically it wouldn't be a good idea for me to have anymore biological children but my husband and I have been left with a hole and are talking about maybe adopting. We'd love to give a child a home and 2 parents and 6 siblings who love them. But for now we are just trying to figure out how to heal and move on. 

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Beautiful names Hun, and I love the idea of planting trees in the spring. (((hugs)))

acb4415
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:27 AM

They are wonderful names! When you are missing them you can go sit by the trees and be with them. I am so sorry for your loss!

Cal2006
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I'm sorry for your loss, but it is inspirational that you are seeing the beauty in the loss.

I agree with the ladies regarding their names and being able to sit under the trees.

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:34 AM
The names are beautiful and sometimes small things need long names to match how much, how long you will love them. Hugs, beautiful names
jjchick75
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Thanks ladies!

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:04 PM

The names are beautiful!

AF2011
by Alma on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:09 PM

sorry for your loss :( but cute names! I named my angel baby Brooklynn Paige.

Jess0915
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:57 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Those names sound perfect. :)
WatchmansMoon
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:38 PM

My heart goes out to you and your husband in this very sad time.  I lost my first baby very early on in the pregnancy, so I know how you feel.  I LOVE that you named your little ones, and you sound as though you have a great doctor as well.  Planting trees to remember them by is a beautiful idea.  I caution you, however, because my sister did this for my little girls (ages 18 and 21 now) but the trees actually died in the harsh MN winters.  Who thinks of that happening, right?  We didn't.  I still think it was wonderfully sweet of my sister to do, and it wasn't painful because my daughters are fine, but in your case, just be careful about that.  Maybe you could make sure you get super healthy trees from a nursery (and ask someone there what kind of tree they recommend you get), then do everything they tell you about fertilizing and taking care of them, especially when they're small.  I wouldn't take any chances with them because of the very important symbolism they hold for you and your family.  Blessings and HUGS to you!

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Beautiful names!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN