Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How are you today? June 27

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:30 AM
  • 40 Replies
How are you feeling today? How can we support you?
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chicaespana2003
by Steph on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Not doing so hot- health wise. Woke up with a sore throat yesterday (and it was painful to swallow) and I had gargled with hydrogen peroxide/ water mix to help get gunk out, then last night before bed gargled with salt water. I didn't sleep well at all, and my throat still hurts. I've called the drs and set up an appointment for later tonight. DH has taken DD to his parents so that I can rest (and avoid giving her anything). I hope that they can give me something to help get over it quickly- or at least swallow w/o pain.

iSMILEheCRIES
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Worried (irrationally) because my first loss was at 9 weeks and my second was at 19 weeks and tomorrow I will be 29 weeks... makes no sense because among many things I know God isn't ocd like me and waiting to follow the pattern. But I'm on pins and needles, and baby is having an easy day and only doing light kicks instead of her normal black belt moves.
I went to therapy yesterday and told her that I am crazy, but she thinks I'm gonna be just fine and call if I feel like I need a follow up. Does she not know how hard it is to call when I am at my worse? I was really disappointed because normally I feel like she helps, this time I feel like she was just like everyone else "well she isn't rocking in the corner so she is fine". I talked to dh and he was like "I won't let you fall apart, I won't let you get THAT bad". I want to know what the difference between THIS bad and THAT bad are, because I already feel like he should a stepped in...he should a stepped in after I lost Lily and right now too when shits so crazy. Oh and before dh got home (where maybe he could pretend for a second like he cared how my appt went) my step son fell off his skateboard, blacked out and broke his arm.... yeah yeah poor me even though the kid got hurt
iSMILEheCRIES
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Hope you feel better and get some rest without dd

Quoting chicaespana2003:

Not doing so hot- health wise. Woke up with a sore throat yesterday (and it was painful to swallow) and I had gargled with hydrogen peroxide/ water mix to help get gunk out, then last night before bed gargled with salt water. I didn't sleep well at all, and my throat still hurts. I've called the drs and set up an appointment for later tonight. DH has taken DD to his parents so that I can rest (and avoid giving her anything). I hope that they can give me something to help get over it quickly- or at least swallow w/o pain.

chicaespana2003
by Steph on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Oh no! I'm sorry that you feel like you were not getting the same quality of therapy as you normally recieved.

It stinks to be in the back burner when someone else gets the "limelight," and I know your stepson didn't mean to fall and get hurt. I think we all want to be number one, but we understand when we need to be number 2 or 3 depending on what is going on.

I hope your dh remembers and takes some time to talk to you (soon).

Your little one isn't going anywhere yet. If you want to check- go eat something sugary and let the black belt come out of her shell. (hugs)

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Worried (irrationally) because my first loss was at 9 weeks and my second was at 19 weeks and tomorrow I will be 29 weeks... makes no sense because among many things I know God isn't ocd like me and waiting to follow the pattern. But I'm on pins and needles, and baby is having an easy day and only doing light kicks instead of her normal black belt moves.
I went to therapy yesterday and told her that I am crazy, but she thinks I'm gonna be just fine and call if I feel like I need a follow up. Does she not know how hard it is to call when I am at my worse? I was really disappointed because normally I feel like she helps, this time I feel like she was just like everyone else "well she isn't rocking in the corner so she is fine". I talked to dh and he was like "I won't let you fall apart, I won't let you get THAT bad". I want to know what the difference between THIS bad and THAT bad are, because I already feel like he should a stepped in...he should a stepped in after I lost Lily and right now too when shits so crazy. Oh and before dh got home (where maybe he could pretend for a second like he cared how my appt went) my step son fell off his skateboard, blacked out and broke his arm.... yeah yeah poor me even though the kid got hurt

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:00 PM

I hope you start to feel better soon. Sore throats are the worst! :(

Quoting chicaespana2003:

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Glad your stepson is ok! I'm sorry you're so worried. I wish I had better advice, but I am newer in this process than some of you other ladies and can see how hard it is NOT to freak out and be consumed by worry all the time. 29 weeks is awesome though. You've done so well!

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Happy_Mcboobs
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Let's hope that your stepson getting hurt took the place of your unborn baby's getting hurt in a "3x a charm sort of deal" that your losses are watching out for this one! :) 

Brave you! I'm so scared of another pregnancy!! I know I'll be on pins & needles. I'm shopping for a gigantic bubble to put around myself!! LOL not really...but that's how I feel!! 

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Happy_Mcboobs
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:11 PM

It's insanely hot here. I'm curious to know how my oldest is doing at camp.... I'm sending care packages and it's fun to pick out stuff for them although I have to be insanely cheap also! Love memberships where I don't have to pay anything to do fun stuff.....except for gas. sigh, always gas! I miss those fill up my SUV with $20 bucks days!

SherylSelena
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:14 PM
I have decided to isolate myself from everyone and everything. I don't think I want anyone to know if the IUI is successful tomorrow not even if we end up with a baby. I never gave any thought to how difficult it might be for others to hear that we were expecting before this happened. I'm scared and feeling very overprotective of myself. Everything everyone is saying is bothering me. I know some of this is as a result of the fertility drugs, but I feel myself slipping. I'm scared.
lost2013
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Good day today, I called my OB cause I can't wait until July 11th to talk about this I want my doctor to do a blood test to see if I have any antibodies built up in my body that would attack a positive blood baby ( I am AB- and my DD is AB+).  I got the RhoGam shot at 28 weeks and when my DD was born but I can't help but wonder if that is why I miscarried, I guess I just want to make sure that was not the reason cause DH and I want to TTC but I want to make sure that is not a factor on why I miscarried, cause if there is antibodies that would not be good news.  I am just waiting to hear back from the doctor about my concern and if they will do the blood test for me, so I can start to TTC next month if there are no antibodies in my body.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)