Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Levels

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:16 AM
  • 10 Replies
So I'm sitting here getting my levels drawn again because Monday they were 4.2 and I'm five weeks past my miscarriage .... Blah I really don't want a d&c shouldn't they be zero now ?
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chicaespana2003
by Steph on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:24 AM

If your levels are below 5, then why are they still drawing blood?

Have the dr's said anything about you needing a D&C because of your levels?

Are there any factors that lead you to believe you would need a D&C? ie. continued bleeding.

Roisin07
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:26 AM
I was told it could take 6 weeks. If your under 5 though you shouldn't need anything.
acb4415
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:08 AM

They stopped drawing my blood and told me there was no tissue left when I was down to 7. My OB said that 5-0 is back to normal (meaning not pregnant)

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:25 AM
The other ladies are right-below 5 is "not preg"... even without being preg my number runs about 2-3 at points in my cycle, so your number may never be zero. Hugs you shouldn't need a dnc
chloesmommy06
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Monday was 4.19 ..They are now at 4.2 idk what the issue is .. They are making it out to be a big deal . They drew my blood and told me to come back in a month which is why they drew it again :/ they say I really need to see my doctor but don't have appointments till Monday. Well I start my new job Monday so ..... The chance of me making an apt is slim
chloesmommy06
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:28 AM
They act all confused like we don't know what's going on we want it drawn again in a week so on so forth
chloesmommy06
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Which has me all freaked out
chicaespana2003
by Steph on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Just a random question- but do you still feel any pregnancy symptoms? The slight raise (0.01 to be exact) doesn't really have me concerned.

And if they act like they don't know what they are doing- find someone else.

Quoting chloesmommy06:

Monday was 4.19 ..They are now at 4.2 idk what the issue is .. They are making it out to be a big deal . They drew my blood and told me to come back in a month which is why they drew it again :/ they say I really need to see my doctor but don't have appointments till Monday. Well I start my new job Monday so ..... The chance of me making an apt is slim

Shesmyworld1
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM
I had a miscarriage early March 2013. My levels were going down very slowly after my miscarriage. I finall had a D&C and levels went to zero in like 3 days. Good luck to you. Hope everything works out.
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I agree with the other ladies if your levels are below 5 then you shouldn't have to do the blood draws anymore unless you are still having some bleeding.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN