Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

It's been two years and I still blame myself :(

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:13 PM
  • 9 Replies

I got pregnant at 19 and miscarried my baby on my 20th birthday. I can't stop blaming myself. I wasn't eating right and was drinking tons of caffeine. I even took sleeping pills. I was so damn stupid and I know it's my fault I lost my baby. I sometimes think I woulud have an almost 2 year old running around and she would be calling me mommy. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
TwinkleStars918
by Amanda on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:29 PM
It's not your fault! None of those things could have caused it, often with miscarriages there is a problem right from the start and nobody could fix it. I am so sorry for your loss and that you feel this way. There is no need to blame yourself!
Happy_Mcboobs
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:04 PM

It's easy to blame ourselves. It's hard not to blame ourselves. There often isn't a reason for our losses. Some mommies have clotting disorders & some babies have abnormalities & some have a fluke cord accident. Other times, there is no reason at all. Some believe that some women can only carry one gender. There are numerous "reasons" and the hardest reason is "no reason at all".... 

Hugs! You aren't to blame. We tend to want a reason. But you have a precious baby guardian angel looking down on you! Some day you'll get to hold & cherish!  

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:43 PM

((hugs)) I know it's easier said then done hun but don't blame yourself because it most defiantly was not your fault.  

mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Don't blame yourself, even when you do everything "perfect" things can still go wrong
acb4415
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:14 AM

So sorry for your loss. You can't keep blaming yourself!

Angela4boys
by Angela on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:24 AM

(((hugs)))  I'm sorry you're going through this. 

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I'm sorry. It's hard not to blame ourselves.

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:14 PM
I'm sorry honey, we all blame ourselves, but none of it is our fault. You did nothing wrong.
NotMyself
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:17 PM
I know exactly how you feel on this one I got pregnant last yr in July and lost my baby in October I was 5 weeks away from knowing what it was. It ha def taken its tole on me and I blame myself as well. There was some advice that was given to me. Pray to your baby and let your baby you love it. One thing that got me thru was the song by carrie underwood see you again. It pulls on the heart strings but it works. You can't beat yourself up over it. You were young. Just take it one day at a time and you will get through it :) im sorry for your loss
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)