Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

where do you get off asking me if I'm pregnant?!

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:29 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
Since my two miscarriages this year I have had problems with my stomach being bloated on and off.I took some pictures last night and put them on fb. You can see my stomach in them and a girl I know on my list messages me "are you pregnant???" and this girl is not what you would call skinny so she has no right to even ask me that? Not to mention that? bothers me since having my two miscarriages this year. I might be pregnant I don't know. After my first mc I had a period 2-3 weeks after. After my last mc the beginning of June haven't had one. I had some bleeding people said could have been an unusual period. Since I only bled for about three days and it was not real heavy enough to wear a pad but not bad and it was brown at one point it seemed like it was going to get heavy and it turned a burgundy color but a while later it turned brown and got light again. I don't think it was a period cause my first period after my first loss was normal and I was a lot further along. I took a test during the bleeding and it was negative. I think it was too soon to test. I haven't been having too many symptoms though I know every pregnancy is different. My last pregnancy I was having symptoms before I had enough hgc to test positive. Right now all I have had is some tiredness and breaking out on my face. Maybe some moodiness and I might be urinating more often. I just hate it when people ask that question I think it's rude
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Daniellesmom17
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:32 AM
And I read that some women are more fertile after a mc I think that is true for me. After my first mc I was pregnant again after like two months
minnabird
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

if it is not plainly obvious...i dont ask....

Daniellesmom17
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Exactly

Quoting minnabird:

if it is not plainly obvious...i dont ask....

chicaespana2003
by Steph on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I can understand your feelings of being perturbed by your friends question, especially after you have been experiencing "unusual" bloating.

Their could be other reasons for the way you have been feeling lately (change in eating habits, weather, not enough or too much fluid intake).

I would appreciate that she asked in a pm vs posting on your photo. Depending on how long she has known you, and if you have always been on the slim side of things, maybe the bloating made her think of "pregnancy" and may not have meant to offend you.

I am speculating everything, because I don't know everything.

I may suggest that you record/remember the odd flow, and see what happens when your next AF would be coming around, and of course listen to your body.

If in the meantime you may think that you might be preg, take the proper steps to ensure that things are on the right track (vits, and if you have any pain taking tylenol as needed).

If and when you decide to test again, let it be on your own terms, although many of us would suggest you retest and let us know (because we are concerned for you and hope for the best).

Cal2006
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree it is rude! You don't ask people if they are, they'll tell you.

Daniellesmom17
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:39 AM
She did ask in a message and she hasn't known me long. I want to wait a while to retest cause I don't want to test too early. My last pregnancy I tested 3 times before I got a positive

Quoting chicaespana2003:

I can understand your feelings of being perturbed by your friends question, especially after you have been experiencing "unusual" bloating.

Their could be other reasons for the way you have been feeling lately (change in eating habits, weather, not enough or too much fluid intake).

I would appreciate that she asked in a pm vs posting on your photo. Depending on how long she has known you, and if you have always been on the slim side of things, maybe the bloating made her think of "pregnancy" and may not have meant to offend you.

I am speculating everything, because I don't know everything.

I may suggest that you record/remember the odd flow, and see what happens when your next AF would be coming around, and of course listen to your body.

If in the meantime you may think that you might be preg, take the proper steps to ensure that things are on the right track (vits, and if you have any pain taking tylenol as needed).

If and when you decide to test again, let it be on your own terms, although many of us would suggest you retest and let us know (because we are concerned for you and hope for the best).

Daniellesmom17
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:40 AM
My feelings exactly

Quoting Cal2006:

I agree it is rude! You don't ask people if they are, they'll tell you.

definecorrupt
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I believe this.  Aftewr my MC Im pretty sure I got pregnant again within a couple days.. :/ 

Quoting Daniellesmom17:

And I read that some women are more fertile after a mc I think that is true for me. After my first mc I was pregnant again after like two months

mdawn028
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh hon I'm sorry for your losses. People shouldn't be rude like that. I hope you get your rainbow baby hon. hugs
Dawna
Daniellesmom17
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Thank you

Quoting mdawn028:

Oh hon I'm sorry for your losses. People shouldn't be rude like that. I hope you get your rainbow baby hon. hugs

Dawna

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)