Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a question as to how do you know if your baby was alive or not when it came out ?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:30 PM
  • 17 Replies

I am simply wondering this because I had a terrible hospital expeirence . I had my baby in the bed with out a doctor or nurse in the room only my husband and sister because the staff did not take care in there jobs ... , but I was wonderind when the baby first comes out will it be natural skin color or the brown purple color ... or how long until it is out will it take to turn the purple color . I need to know this for my own piece of mind and also we are getting a lawyer because of what the hospital did and left me on the floor passed out .. just a entire book of things . thank you

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cal2006
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I'm sorry. I don't know. We knew by the machines that my baby had passed before I delivered her. I couldn't bare to look at her so I never saw what she looked like.

bump

nardisjenkins
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Its okay mam ... It gave me closure to see my precious angel he was so handsome !!! how far were you when you lost your baby ?

Quoting Cal2006:

I'm sorry. I don't know. We knew by the machines that my baby had passed before I delivered her. I couldn't bare to look at her so I never saw what she looked like.

bump

mommyofnoah208
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:23 AM
I am not sure, how far along were you? Were you hooked up to monitors? Praying for you and very sorry
Mommytoaangel
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:30 AM
First off im sorry if u have a pic may we see it now my story sorry its long my dd felt girl mc at 8 1/2wks deceased when i mc her my identical twin boys lost at 16wks 05dys my son joseph i had him at home he was movein an strugglin to breath i also saw his heart beating in his chest ethan passed at hospitol sucking his thumb i also saw his heart beating in his chest
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:07 AM

I am so sorry you are left with so many questions :(  I wish I knew, I don't.  I was induced, and just before the induction, when the baby was in the birth canal, I began to hemorrhage, and was rushed back for an emergency D&E, I was under general.  By the time I had come out of recovery, the baby was flesh colored, although his skin was kinda translucent, and I could see things, like the lobes of his brain, his rib cage, through his skin. 

Hours after my surgery, I got up to get the catheter out (I hate those and wanted it out asap), as soon as I got to the bathroom, I passed out, I had two nurses with me at the time, and when I woke up I had about 10 nurses in there with me...got a blood transfusion (creepy ;)  but made me feel so much better).  I am sorry your nursing staff was a bunch of idiots, my nurses were amazing, and made a crumby thing, bearable. 

MommyO2-6631
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:11 AM
I'm not sure about a baby that had passed in utero but my live birth baby was being suffocated by his umbilical cord once I pushed out his shoulders. He immediately turned blue.
nardisjenkins
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Yes mam I have posted a pic of him in another post but here it is they took these the next day so I have no clue if he came out breathing or not it's just something I would love to know

Quoting Mommytoaangel:

First off im sorry if u have a pic may we see it now my story sorry its long my dd felt girl mc at 8 1/2wks deceased when i mc her my identical twin boys lost at 16wks 05dys my son joseph i had him at home he was movein an strugglin to breath i also saw his heart beating in his chest ethan passed at hospitol sucking his thumb i also saw his heart beating in his chest

nardisjenkins
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Mobile Photo

nardisjenkins
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:15 AM
No they did not hook me up to anything they didn't even check me they were idiots and it just amazes me how heartless they were ... I was 19 weeks and 1 day

Quoting mommyofnoah208:

I am not sure, how far along were you? Were you hooked up to monitors? Praying for you and very sorry

nardisjenkins
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:19 AM
This kinda sounds like my first miscarriage I bled so much I passed out and just blood pouring every where I was only 10 weeks for that one ... It was painful as well but I threw up all the time ... My baby boy I just lost was beautiful nothing wrong at all with him ... It was my cervix so they say... Yes I will always have so many question that prolly no one can answer so I just try to pray .... But that staff was a bunch of ruthless ass holes that didnt even care just amazes me how someone can have a nursing or doctor job and be so crappy !

Quoting Angela4boys:

I am so sorry you are left with so many questions :(  I wish I knew, I don't.  I was induced, and just before the induction, when the baby was in the birth canal, I began to hemorrhage, and was rushed back for an emergency D&E, I was under general.  By the time I had come out of recovery, the baby was flesh colored, although his skin was kinda translucent, and I could see things, like the lobes of his brain, his rib cage, through his skin. 

Hours after my surgery, I got up to get the catheter out (I hate those and wanted it out asap), as soon as I got to the bathroom, I passed out, I had two nurses with me at the time, and when I woke up I had about 10 nurses in there with me...got a blood transfusion (creepy ;)  but made me feel so much better).  I am sorry your nursing staff was a bunch of idiots, my nurses were amazing, and made a crumby thing, bearable. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)