Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Frustrated

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:03 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

It's been a long time since i've been on here, life just has been really busy.  For those who don't remember me I had a m/s back in Sept.  We've been ttc since Dec and never thought it would take so long.  With my first son it only took me 2 months to get pregnant and the second pregnancy only 3 months.  I am beginning to think it's not going to happen and thinking about going to the doctor's to have tests.  I will be 37 this month so maybe my age is a factor.  I've been in really good spirits this year but i'm beginning to lose hope.  I have a beatiful son who will be 3 next month and if I can't have anymore children I so blessed to have him and I will be fine but I want so badly for him to have a sibling.  I'm sorry I'm just venting a little thanks for taking the time to listen to me.

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on Jul. 18, 2013 at 5:28 PM

You're always welcome to vent here. :) Even if there's nothing we can do, at least we can usually understand! :)

Since you're over 35 and have been trying for more than 6 months, I would go in and get checked out. I waited a year and a half to get checked out and I wish I had gone in as soon as I "qualified" for infertility testing (1 year, since I was 25) so that we could've gotten started sooner on the treatments. We had no problems conceiving our first, but it took 2+ years for our second (with treatments for the last 6 months of those 2 years). However, since we figured out what my particular fertility issues are, it's been much faster since then! It took 5 months to conceive our 3rd (the baby we miscarried) and then only 1 to conceive our 4th. So yes, definitely get checked out! And I hope you can figure out a plan of attack and get your rainbow baby!

2luvmybabies
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Hi Dawny36, I am sorry that you are frustrated, but you are allowed to feel that way, and talking about it helps.  I believe that things will happen when you least expect them too, so hang in there!  My prayers are with you in hopes that you can get pregnant, but stay hopeful, stress free, and things may fall into place for you...and your never too old to have a baby!  I am happy to hear that you have a son; truly a blessing:-).

Keep us all up to date! 

mdawn028
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Sorry for your loss hon. Hope you get your rainbow baby soon.hugs
Dawna
If you need to talk I'm here for you.

Quoting dawny36:

It's been a long time since i've been on here, life just has been really busy.  For those who don't remember me I had a m/s back in Sept.  We've been ttc since Dec and never thought it would take so long.  With my first son it only took me 2 months to get pregnant and the second pregnancy only 3 months.  I am beginning to think it's not going to happen and thinking about going to the doctor's to have tests.  I will be 37 this month so maybe my age is a factor.  I've been in really good spirits this year but i'm beginning to lose hope.  I have a beatiful son who will be 3 next month and if I can't have anymore children I so blessed to have him and I will be fine but I want so badly for him to have a sibling.  I'm sorry I'm just venting a little thanks for taking the time to listen to me.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:17 PM

*hugs*  Sometimes when you try and focus all your energy on ttc it can be really hard to actually conceive.  It never hurts to ask your doctor.  Have you tried taking ovulation tests to see if your ovulating okay?

dawny36
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 4:09 PM
I do take ovulation tests every month, I know I have to relax more but it's hard.

Quoting blessedmommie07:

*hugs*  Sometimes when you try and focus all your energy on ttc it can be really hard to actually conceive.  It never hurts to ask your doctor.  Have you tried taking ovulation tests to see if your ovulating okay?

Angela4boys
by Angela on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:37 PM
(((Hugs)))
snakesNsnails
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:08 PM

I'm sorry.. Trying to conceive can be sooooo stressful. It is usually when I give up that i get pregnant, or when i dont pay attention to my cycles at all. My whole heart and soul went into ttc for six whole years before I finally gave up and conceived my first son, naturally, four months later.  I know that it is hard to relax when it is all that is on your mind. I am very spiritual and I finally told God, "I give it to You. Im not trying anymore. If You want for me to be blessed with children, then it will be."  In the meantime, while I am waiting as patiently as possible, I do take care of myself. Eating right, exercising, and striving forward to better myself.

Im sorry, sweetie. It is a tough journey! (((((((hugs))))))

mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Thinking of you
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Stress is one of the number one reasons for infertility or not being able to conceive. As crazy as it is, it's so hard to relax when all's we have is baby on the brain. I agree with the other mommas, just try to relax or even maybe make an appt to see if there is any underlying issue that has popped up that wasn't there before. We lost our 3rd child last november and were told to wait two months to ttc so that puts us in Jan when we finally got the green light. I didn't get a bfp until May. So that's 4-5 months later. And we were doing everything right, lol. But I was super, super stressed and it just makes it harder. I'm 35 and I'll be 12w in two days, so well, it can happen. Wishing you the best and we are here to support you.

Samantha1114
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:01 PM
I also had a mc in september, and I am currently 16 weeks pregnant. I'm 38 now, so it can happen, but if it makes you feel better, you should get tested. Stress can really interfere w/ ttc. Good Luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)