Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Questions about my first MC

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:10 PM
  • 8 Replies
I had my first MC June 12th 2013, possibly from placenta detaching but not sure, I was around 10 wks. During the.preg I was STARVING all the time, and I still am!! I'm always hungry!! Also, the first week and a half of July, I had bleeding (MC bleeding had stopped already)it wasn't too bad, but was it my "first" period? Is there anyway to know when I should start? And why am I so hungry?? Also since it happened my husband and I have almost been at each others throats! I've felt detached from him, and we aren't very intimate anymore. I have my good and bad days about the MC but what can you do? Plus as I'm sure yall have experienced also, I gained 10 lbs the few weeks I was pregnant, (already overweight) and ppl always ask if I'm pregnant even.if they knew what happened. I don't have anyone to talk to, so if you could help, that would be.great :)
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mommyb2012
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I also had severe pre e with our first and I'm assuming that's the cause of the weight gain with this one? We think.it would have been a boy bc it was completely diff from our preg with our daughter. With this one I was eating alot and wanted hot sauce on everything and rarely felt sick
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't really know about the hunger thing. Maybe a thryoid issue or hormonal thing? I really couldn't say though, it may be a good idea to maybe get checked out with a doctor. Periods normally return 4-6w but even up to 8w later is considered normal. Sounds like it could have been within that time frame.

Miscarriage is hard. I didn't really fight with my husband after our loss but I can see how that happens when tension and emotions are so high. I'd just try to sit down with him and talk to him about what's going on with you and how you feel. Keeping the lines of communication open is very important.

One of the things that helped me the most in the beginning was being able to hop on here and talk to other ladies in this group. There's so much support and understanding here, it's hard not to become attached to everyone and not feel so alone.

mdawn028
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Sorry for your loss hon I'm not sure. Hugs
Dawna

Quoting mommyb2012:

I also had severe pre e with our first and I'm assuming that's the cause of the weight gain with this one? We think.it would have been a boy bc it was completely diff from our preg with our daughter. With this one I was eating alot and wanted hot sauce on everything and rarely felt sick

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I'm sorry for your loss.  It could have been.  On average people get their first AF 4 to 8 weeks after MC.  You might be one of the ones that got theirs early. 

mommyb2012
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:34 AM
I'm pretty sure I may have ovulated last.night/this morning??
chicaespana2003
by Steph on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Dull achy pain on one side or the other? Maybe!

Quoting mommyb2012:

I'm pretty sure I may have ovulated last.night/this morning??

mommyb2012
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Yeah, on my left side. And my uterus area seems sore when I press on the area
Cal2006
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I gain all my of my weight at the beginning of my pregnancies. My mom did too. Since I've never actually carried a baby full term, I have more weight than I like too. I hide it well, but I am 25 lbs overweight, and it is because I haven't really lost any of the weight from any of my pregnancies (I've had four losses). It sucks, but I think it is not uncommon.

Men and women greive differently and that causes some of the strain. I would recommend telling him how you are feeling, and tell him that it is harder when you fight to get through the grief. It is better when you lean on each other, then fight with each other. (My husband was the most supportive with our first loss a stillbirth, and the second and fourth...but the third I was pissed at him. I had to have the conversation and he got it. We were better after that. But he would also call me on my shortness, which I do sometimes when I'm hurting).

I have an app on my phone that tracks when I'm supposed to start and ovulate, etc. It is called My Days, but I'm sure there are others out there. I put in when I start and it gives me when I should start my next period. Now, with miscarriages it might take a while for your body to adjust. Many of us have had off cycles after our losses. So if you are usually right at 28 days and now it is 32 or 27, don't t be too concerned at first.

As far as the hunger, do you know if there is nothing left of the pregnancy within you? Sometimes with D&C they don't get everything and sometimes with natural miscarriages, your body doesn't expell everything either. If there is still some tissue remaining, your body may still think that it is pregnant (thus the hunger pains). I know some people that continued to have morning sickness. I would talk to your doc.

This is a great group of ladies. They've really helped me, and it is a safe place to share all of your fears (rational and irrational) and hopes. I don't think that anyone knows what it is like to have a pregnancy loss unless you've had one.  People say hurtful things, trying to be helpful. I don't want to hear that it was God's plan, or that they are in a better place. Just tell me that you are sorry for my loss.  (Sorry tangent) My point is... we've been there, we are there...we know what it is like and we won't judge you for being weak, or frustrated or even happy at times. This is a safe place...and I'm so sorry for your loss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN