Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

My memorial tattoo

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 4:12 PM
  • 10 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

To honor my baby Devan Raye on what should have been the due date (July 17th) I got a tattoo. I found out my baby had passed away at 10 weeks and never was able to find out the gender so thats why I came up with the name Devan Raye. This is Devan sleeping in a bed of water lillies and purple larkspur. Both of those are July's birth flower. The meaning of the water lilly is purity and majesty. The larkspur means a strong bond of love and the purple larkspur means first love. Of course the miscarriage ribbon in the background. I know Devan Raye will always be in my heart but now people can ask about my tattoo and I can tell them Devan's story.
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Really lovely Hun (((hugs))) thanks for sharing.
mdawn028
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
It's really nice hon sorry for your loss hugs.
Dawna
Thank you for sharing hon.

Quoting BrokenHeart805:

Mobile Photo

To honor my baby Devan Raye on what should have been the due date (July 17th) I got a tattoo. I found out my baby had passed away at 10 weeks and never was able to find out the gender so thats why I came up with the name Devan Raye. This is Devan sleeping in a bed of water lillies and purple larkspur. Both of those are July's birth flower. The meaning of the water lilly is purity and majesty. The larkspur means a strong bond of love and the purple larkspur means first love. Of course the miscarriage ribbon in the background. I know Devan Raye will always be in my heart but now people can ask about my tattoo and I can tell them Devan's story.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

That is a beautiful tattoo in memory of your angel.  Devan Raye is a nice name :)

BrokenHeart805
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Thank you, it came out better than I could have hoped for.

Quoting Angela4boys:

Really lovely Hun (((hugs))) thanks for sharing.

BrokenHeart805
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Thank you, I love it

Quoting mdawn028:

It's really nice hon sorry for your loss hugs.

Dawna

Thank you for sharing hon.

Quoting BrokenHeart805:

Mobile Photo

BrokenHeart805
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! The tattoo came out so much better than I could have hoped for and the name was in my head after waking up from a dream that I can't quite remember. I couldn't get the name out of my head so I just figured it was supposed to be.

Quoting blessedmommie07:

That is a beautiful tattoo in memory of your angel.  Devan Raye is a nice name :)

sukainah
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

That's beautiful!

iSMILEheCRIES
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this
very nice and symbolic. Hugs
doodlebopfan
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

The tattoo is beautiful and the story behind the tattoo will be a great opportunity to keep Devan Raye's memory forever. So sorry for your loss.

mommiejennie
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Gorgeous!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)