Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How are you today? July 24

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:06 PM
  • 29 Replies
How are you feeling today? How can we support you?
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
echupko
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:07 PM
I'm tired, really really tired...
blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I hope you can get some rest :)

Quoting echupko:

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I'm good.  I woke up early then took a nap lol.  Now planning to take our boys to a picnic at a park since the heat wave broke this week and to enjoy ourselves.

chicaespana2003
by Steph on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Ah the relief that comes with a heat wave break!

Quoting blessedmommie07:

I'm good.  I woke up early then took a nap lol.  Now planning to take our boys to a picnic at a park since the heat wave broke this week and to enjoy ourselves.

chicaespana2003
by Steph on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Yesterday I started the long task of washing the china I got from my parents (that belonged to my parternal grandmother). I have pieces that come from 3 different sets. All are white porcaline with gold trim. Today I was doing some "research" on Google to try and figure out the pattern and (about) when they were made.

I have an 83 piece set (85 if counting tops) of an incomplete 12 place setting of Racine Bavaria (Pattern THE BLENHEIM), 5 saucers and 2 "odd" bowls from O&E.G. Royal Austria, and a "large" serving platter from Homer Laughlin (Pattern EMPRESS- or so I think as that is marked on the bottom).

I have discovered that the lg platter was made in September, 1914. That is based on additional markings on the back. I'm trying to confirm/find out the patterns for my "small" sets to see what they are. Here are some photos of the china.
Racine Baveria (lg platter and desert plate)

Little saucer with "odd bowl"

Large platter (ca 1914)

I've gone to replacements.com and have inquired with them about the pattern for the bottom two. I hope to hear from them. It may take some time, because they may have to look in books.

In other news- ordered the cake for saturday, and dd picked out 2 of her presents last night. I hope that my idea of letting her pick her gifts was a good idea.

mommyofnoah208
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:00 PM
I am sorry. Hope you get some rest

Quoting echupko:

mommyofnoah208
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Fun!

Quoting blessedmommie07:

mommyofnoah208
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Very cool!

Quoting chicaespana2003:

Yesterday I started the long task of washing the china I got from my parents (that belonged to my parternal grandmother). I have pieces that come from 3 different sets. All are white porcaline with gold trim. Today I was doing some "research" on Google to try and figure out the pattern and (about) when they were made.

I have an 83 piece set (85 if counting tops) of an incomplete 12 place setting of Racine Bavaria (Pattern THE BLENHEIM), 5 saucers and 2 "odd" bowls from O&E.G. Royal Austria, and a "large" serving platter from Homer Laughlin (Pattern EMPRESS- or so I think as that is marked on the bottom).

I have discovered that the lg platter was made in September, 1914. That is based on additional markings on the back. I'm trying to confirm/find out the patterns for my "small" sets to see what they are. Here are some photos of the china.
Racine Baveria (lg platter and desert plate)

Little saucer with "odd bowl"

Large platter (ca 1914)

I've gone to replacements.com and have inquired with them about the pattern for the bottom two. I hope to hear from them. It may take some time, because they may have to look in books.

In other news- ordered the cake for saturday, and dd picked out 2 of her presents last night. I hope that my idea of letting her pick her gifts was a good idea.

mommyofnoah208
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:03 PM
A little tired today. Going to take the kids to the lake after lunch
Happy_Mcboobs
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Ready for my nap. lol, yeah right. been getting up early this week--older girls have camp & it's awesome not having them most of the day! Trying to get playdates with the younger two school friends, but some people are out of town & our lawn isn't being mowed until Friday so in home playdates are out when the yard looks awful! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)