Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Extremely Worried (pregnancy mentioned)

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:27 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this
I am so stressed out right now. I gave birth to my angel baby boy 10 months ago (9.18.12). He was still born at 25 weeks. I'm currently 33 weeks pregnant with another baby boy and I am so afraid of losing him! I started get non stress test this week ( I will have them twice a week until he's born). I went to my first one yesterday and my baby boy was non reactive on the test after 40 minutes so I had to get a biophysical profile done and it still took about 30 minutes for him to do everything he wanted. I'm just so nervous that he is not doing ok in there & there is nothing I can do about it! I go back on Friday for another NST but I just wish I knew for a fact he will be born alive and 100% healthy. Now it seems today he hasn't been moving as much as he usually does and I dont know if I'm just over reacting or if there is something really wrong. I just want him to be ok! I can not handle losing another son so soon. My heart aches just thinking about it. I don't know what to do. Anyone ever been in this situation before? Any tips on getting through these last few weeks?
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mdawn028
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Sorry for your loss hon I hope your baby and you are ok hugs keep me posted. Hope everything goes good for you hon.
blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:29 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm 35 weeks with my rainbow and always fear. Especially when there is a day he hardly moves it really freaks me out. My daughter was born sleeping at 38 weeks due to a fatal birth defect but I keep fearing that the delivery with my son will end the same way. Do you have a home Doppler? If you do that might help relieve some fear if you can check his heartbeat or at least just hear it when his is less active.

My doctor says 10 movements in 2 hours, I do them once a day but they do reccomebd twice a day when it is your baby's most active time. Even when my son has a quiet day I usually get the 10 counts in under 30 minutes and that makes me feel better after I do the counts.

Don't be afraid to pester your doctor or go into L&D if you need to have confirmation he is okay. It is better for your sanity. *hugs*. Just keep thinking positive thoughts and take it day by day.
JaLayah
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. I've been really trying to stay calm and be positive this pregnancy but I've just been on edge lately. Especially after the NST didn't go well. I'm hoping he will do much better tomorrow. I know it will help calm my nerves. He's most active late at night and early mornings (2 am or 5 am). I just want these last few weeks to fly by!
echupko
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Praying for you avd baby boy. Hugs
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:22 PM

praying for you!  I am sure you are overanalyzing the lack of movement, I know I do.  Update us after the NST and let us know if he is just a lazy baby.  Hugs honey and you are almost there.

Bailee2b
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:17 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss and worries!  I'm hoping that baby is just a little tired and everything is perfectly normal!!!

TheJs
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:02 AM
have you tried drinking oj or something sugary before to edge him up and get him moving?
Cal2006
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry for your loss and your fear. I don't know what to say, I've had a stillbirth at 20 weeks, but all of my pregnancies since then have ended in early losses. But even then I've been scared the entire time. I know that saying not to worry, won't help...but try to.

My advice is to pray. If you aren't a person of faith, then maybe mediate or try to keep your mind busy. Think positive thoughts...talk to your baby boy and tell him that he needs to be strong because he has a mommy that can't wait to meet him and welcome him to planet earth.   But if you are a person of faith, I believe in the power of prayer. I believe that the God that made the universe, can work miracles....and hopefully your baby boy is fine, but if he is struggling...God can fix that. (At least that is what I believe...but if you don't believe then focus on positive thoughts. There is power to positive thinking too...)

I'm so sorry... please keep us posted. Rainbow babies give us all hope.

momofcrazypants
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I'm so sorry your so worried. I hope the next few weeks fly by uneventfully for you and everything is perfect!

JaLayah
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Thanks everyone! I'm actually in the hospital ( I got admitted due to preterm labor. I'm 3cm dilated and 60% effaced, cervix is measuring 1.4 cm). He has had 2 NST's today and passed both so I'm excited for that. Now just hoping he keeps baking!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)