• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Went in...

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:18 PM
  • 9 Replies

Dh went with me today into my midwife's appointment today. Everyone was so sweet and kept telling us how sorry they were. It was really nice and very touching.
I started bleeding last night just one gush and then spotting.
We decided with Janice (the midwife) that the Cytotec would be the best next step since I was already bleeding. She inserted the pills for me because I knew there was no way I could get near my cervix. Its very high.
It only took 30-45 minutes before the cramping started. Naturally it happened at a stop light where there were power lines down so we had to wait like 20 minutes. >.<
She thought I would be ok with only Tylenol for pain relief but thankfully made sure to leave a note for the on call midwife to prescribe me something stronger if I called.
I caved and called at 7. She helped me right away
Not that it did any good.
She called the script into the local Walgreens for me. I called 45 minutes later to make sure DH could pick it up for me on the way home from work. The girl informed they were out and that I would have to wait 2 days! The girl was super snotty with me too.
So I called the midwife back and told her what was said to me. She got a lot madder then I expected.
I got lucky though that my mom gets Tramdol for her back condition. I asked the midwife to make sure it was safe even though I know she can't recommend taking meds that aren't prescribed to me.
Her response was "No I can recommend that but I will tell you this... If I was your mom I would give it to you. I couldn't stand to see you in pain." I<3 her.
So that's how I got my pain relief.
I've been bleeding but not much has happened otherwise so far.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommyofnoah208
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:31 PM
I am so sorry. Thinking of you
jlr258
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:38 PM

So sorry! 

mattiehatter
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:40 PM
I'm so sorry. You've got some awesome midwives though.
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:06 AM

((hugs))

Angela4boys
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:18 AM

(((hugs)))  I'm very sorry for your loss. 

momofcrazypants
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I'm so sorry.

sweet_peaz05
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM

*hugs*  I feel your pain...im so sorry for your loss.  Way awesome supportive midwife though...my doctor wasnt so sensitive to me

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:50 AM

*hugs*

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I'm sorry honey, take a small measure of comfort in the fact that you have a good midwife that really cares.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)