Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

did you tell your boss about your miscarriage

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:36 PM
  • 1 Replies

I was just wondering if any of you told your boss about your miscarriage.  I had one in January and never told my boss about it. I missed one day of work from being in the hospital and then was back at work the next day.  He sort of knew something was up because i had to leave work several times to go to the emergency room before i had the miscarriage. Now it's 7 months later and things are hard at work. Being happy around the pregnant women make me irratable, I can't stand most of the kids and today I refused to celebrate a coworkers birthday because today is my EDD and i am upset about that.  Should I explain what happened to my boss so he might understand how i'm feeling and quit wondering why i'm cranky all the time? 

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Angela4boys
by Angela on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:30 AM

It's up to you whether you tell or not...but, and I hate to say this....I don't think they will understand.  I think that they will assume that 7 months later you should be fine (although WE know that is not true).  So if you tell or not, it's up to you...but don't be surprised if you don't get the reaction or caring that you are looking for.  So sorry hun (((hugs)))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN